Striped Bass Fishing Forums Forum banner

Roc's Tube yields results... of course :)

3K views 7 replies 7 participants last post by  jkfirefighter 
#1 ·
Got out last night for a few hours and gave one of Roccus' red tube & worm rigs a test drive. He gave me a couple at the Beavertail gathering and I've been itching to get em stretched out ever since. First time for me using a T&W rig with a blade.
Thanks again Roccus!

Trolled from the kayak with a monster nightcrawler on the hook yeilded some nice fish last night. 3 fish over 20lbs and 5 smaller within 2 hours of working it. I've pretty much given up using sea worms on T&W as they're so expensive. I can pick up a tub of 24 good sized nightcrawlers for $3, and they work well enough. Berkely Gulp 10" eels coated in smelly jelly work well on them too thumbsup.gif

#5 ·
Usually when it rains, if you go to a park or basically any grassy place with a 5 gallon bucket and a poncho u can just walk thru the grass and pick up tons of worms. Used to do this as a kid during the week if it rained for my flounder fishing weekend with the old man and a few of our friends.
Dig up some earth and throw it in the bucket too,,,give the worms some housing and food until u decide to usem up.

#7 ·
I used to go out at night with a flashlight and just pick them up off a damp lawn. Grab them by the head and use a steady pull to get them to loose their hold on the hole they are coming out of. You know what will happen if you pull to hard, to quick.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.