Striped Bass Fishing Forums Forum banner

Moving to the Philadelphia area

2K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  Wingnutt 
#1 ·
This is a follow up thread to the “thinking about moving to CT” thread.

After reviewing several job offers (for the first time in my life I had a choice!) I have decided to accept an offer with a major aircraft corp located just south of Philly in Ridley Park. Initial research is pointing to south central NJ for housing because of a more rural feel, lower crime rate, lower prices and taxes.

So now that I have decided on what I will be doing and where (roughly) we will be living, please feel free to post any ideas or suggestions as far as things to do, marinas, fishing (location and type) and anything else that you think might help us enjoy the area. TIA!

#3 ·
Welcome Wingnut to the area. Wouldn't happen to be making whirley birds would ya?? LBI surf, Barnegat Bay, Great Bay, Mullica River, LEI on and on. All within an hour, couldn't ask for anything better. CRAB or CLAM?? Boat or shore/surf. Any ??? fell free. SEA YA.

#4 ·
I'll be designing the whirly birds that can fly straight too. :redbiggrin:

I should be getting my start date this upcoming week, so things age going to start hopping soon. Jersey kind of ruled itself out due to the taxes and some of their laws that I have a big problem with, so we'll be looking at Pa west of Philly and possibly De if we can find what we want.

If all goes well, I should be hauling my boat up there in the early spring. Just gotta find a place to store it though.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.