Striped Bass Fishing Forums Forum banner

Big News from Abu Garcia !!!

4K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  rogerstg 
#1 ·
The following are some excerpts from a series of recent e-mails between Bob Hulme of Abu Garcia and myself:

The big one came yesterday:
-------------------------------------------

Hi Jerry,

Sorry it took so long for me to get back to you on this. It's National Sales Meeting week and this place is a total nut house!!
I've answered your questions below. Our sales force will be told about this stuff tomorrow morning. ;^) (please keep it hush until then)

Best Regards,

Bob

-----------------------------------------

Hulme, Bob wrote (April 28):

Hi Jerry,

I saw your post:

("The standard drag has always been the achillies heel of the Abu reels. We've been beotching for years for them to do something about them but we're still waiting.")

and just wanted to let you know we have listened. Stay tuned for further info. ;^)

Best Regards!

Bob
From Bob Hulme (June 7):
Jerry,
Available in September, Carbon Matrix Drag System = Smoother, more durable and 35% stronger.

From Sudsy (on June 2):
Bob, I took your reply to one of my earlier messages at face value:

(from Bob Hulme) - "Another rumor ;^) is that Abu will be re-introducing many of the International reels that were discontinued, such as,
The black Big Game 6500CL and CT's
The green 6500CS and CT Mag's
The 6500CS Chrome Rocket and possibly a CT Chrome Rocket"

(From Jerry) - Now that I'm looking at the message again the smilie face is making me wonder if what you meant was that you ARE going to reintroduce these reels.

Jerry
----------------------------------

From Bob Hulme (June 7):
Yes, these reels will be available once again.

See less See more
#4 ·
Update:

Out of the blue I got an e-mail from Bob Hulme of Abu Garcia today - the new drag washers are going to be out very soon. icon_thumleft.gif
----------------------------------------

Hi Jerry,

We have the new washers in stock for the 6500's.
The new washers #1116906 replace the (3)#20907 washers. The base washer under the drive gear #13169 stays the same.

-----------------------------------------

I'm expecting a major upgrade over the old washers. I really expect an upgrade over the smoothies we're all replacing those old washers with. Only makes sense to outdo someone competing against you for parts to your own product.

I'll have a set in my sweaty little palms in a few days, hopefully before I leave for Montauk this Sat. God willing some large will start showing up soon and I'll be able to work em out.

I'll let you all know what I think.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.