Striped Bass Fishing Forums Forum banner

RISAA fishing show

7K views 31 replies 11 participants last post by  kkevvy 
#1 ·
Well, we all met up at the show....what a great show it was.

Anything you could possibly think of, was available.

everyone was as ugly as i expected hahahaha.

from left to right we got....Briggs, Bostonboy's Dad, Bostonboy, Steve, Roccus, Cuz, Cuz's son, Brandon.

what a crew huh?

:twisted: craig aka briggs :twisted:

aka surfcastermaster

8) MASTER OF HIS OWN DOMAIN 8)

See less See more
#3 ·
Isn't that a great picture Jim? Guards and chains hahaha Nice.

Does it look like we were representing something? lmfao..

so theres all of us..in line getting food....guess i was the only smart one in the group....i brought a bumpersticker....plastered it right on the wall below the cash register.....so what do ya think....a good 2,ooo people checking it out? hahahaha....nothing like good advertising.

Wish you were there man...Jonny didnt end up going either. Next we need to get everyones mug in the pic. I told BB's dad that JB would Photoshop a stripers247 shirt on him...can we do that?

what a great day it was in there...when we were waiting for BB outside the doors, they opened them up and it was like looking at a fishermans disneyworld. all the colors and noises. couldnt wait to get the heck inside. then we all walked the whole show...spending way to much money and talking to a bunch of great people. stoipped by the owner of Rhode Island Poppers booth, and when i introduced myself, knowing he knew me from e-mails and reports from the risaa, he got all excited because the book he had out front of his booth, with all the stories of guys catching stripers on his poppers, he was quick to thumb through it to show me that he had posted MY story in his book. Pretty cool actually. Pete Santini wasn't there when we had gotten inside, he had been there but had to leave to do a few other things today. to bad. the place was big enough to have a whole lot of people in it, but it was far from crowded, all the booths were very accessible. Alot to choose from, which is NOT a good thing hahaha.....Cuz ended up with a couple of trolling rods, with reels to go with them....BB bought himself an awesome surf rod for about 25 bucks and i went back after seeing his, and did the same. for 25 bucks, i'll bust it and i'll never look back hahaha. Stooping by the "Fishing Simulator" was quite a thrill. none of us thought anything of it until the guy who was trying it out, suddenly had to hold on for dear life as a 300lb tuna simulated his fight. should have seen our faces when his rod bent over, even being just a simulation, you could tell by our faces that not only did we all wet ourselves, but we needed to get the hell out and fish soon hahaha. The boats on display were spectacular.....enough to really make ya drool.

So anyway....the show was definetly a success. got to put a few faces with the posts. Met the guys i already liked. got some great advertising in. shot the shit for a few hours.

It was a good day.

Tight Lines !!!

theres a few more show pics in the link at the bottom of this post.

aka surfcastermaster

#4 ·
Great Time

It was real nice to hook up with everyone at the show, this was my second time and the show and I still went home with a bag or two.

I got two nice trolling rods and then bought two new Tekota 600's to pair them up.. only thing when I got home and opened the box one of them has a Torium 20.. another nice reel but not the match that I wanted.. I just emailed Mike over at Bukos and see if he wants me to swing by the store next week... I actually feel like going back and exchanging it right away though.... I still might do that

It was still a learning experience for me since there was so much information going around. It was a good time and my son and I had a great time meeting all of you !!!

BTW.. My son did the sim before we left and he said it was awesome.. scored a 320 and beat who he was playing by 200

Tight lines soon.. very soon
Ed~

#5 ·
Good pic huh Ed?

Cant believe that about the reel.....alot of havoc on the other side of those booths. I'm sure Bucko's will hook you up with the right one.

I can't believe your son did the simulator...thats awesome ! I would have paid anything to watch his face as he got pulled.

Tell him i said "GOOD JOB !"

aka surfcastermaster

#7 ·
Hahahaha, yea thats right !!! i forgot.

not in front of the show sign or anything good.....up against the wall, taken from atop a trash can lmao.

Next week we'll be on your boat....... :wink:

aka surfcastermaster

#10 ·
I was kidding Cuz....but i'd love to go on the boat sometime. Maybe we could get a few nice days coming up soon. Wednesday its supposed to be 60 and perfect sunny weather, its also my daughters B-day, so thats that hahaha. Thanks for the invite though, i will definetly utilize it.

aka surfcastermaster

#12 ·
Yep Kev...we definetly missed you man. and yes, maybe next year my friend..... Ya never know though Kev...get a bunch of us guys together like that, and you never know what we got up our sleeves for ya next. Sooner or later you will meet up with us.

The book was no big deal, just something cool for me actually. I caught Stripers using this guys Plugs, i wrote him to tell him, he printed it up and displayed it at the show. Mine was one of 20 he had there. But thanks.

Definetly wish you were in the pic man.

aka surfcastermaster

#13 ·
What a great pic! I had to take a "personal day", plus I ended up with some work around lunch. Stress, crap, piss...one of those days. I would've much rather gone down with Brandano Pro and Stevie 39 to meet you guys. Unfortunately I had to take kick to tha nuts instead :lol:

I will do some Photochoppin' later today for fun ;) Need sleep first lol :lol: Briggs I will also fix your AV later.

Joe, I'm glad to hear you would like to be part of the Staff :D Myself, as well as the rest of us here I'm sure, welcome you!

Here's a nice one for ya....a beautiful snapshot of myself with a Pipsqueak the kids (my nephews) and I caught last May at the dam. Only choppable pic I have lol...

#14 ·
We missed ya Jonny.....you would have been a great addition to the stripers247 crew. I don't think we went unnoticed considering we were all walking around with the same shirt on. from the sounds of it, you would have had a better time with US than that porcelin god hahaha.

the show was awesome....not a big crowd on account the place was big. and you could move around at ease really. good to put faces with the guys i've been talking too for almost a year now.

aka surfcastermaster

#15 ·
HOLY SH*T....That was the greatest show of my life.... :D :D

...It was a great pleasure to meet all of you who came...We should definately do something as a group again...

Briggs...That picture is awesome...
....I can't say enough about, how great this show was...

To bad kev and Jonny couldn't make it...you guys would have been a awesome addition to our group...

:D :D :D

#17 ·
I want to see how the same pic on brandons camera came out. Yea it was an awesome show.

BB, your close enough to rhode island to go to the RISAA used tackle and eqipment sale they have down here. i'll make sure i let you know when it is so you guys can make the trip.. lots to search through, alot of crap, but you can find some great deals there, especially if ya have a boat... its not really worth the NH boys taking the ride. Its cramped, theres alot of junk, and its a small place that they try to fit a thousand guys into. I'll keep you posted.

aka surfcastermaster

#18 ·
yup I agree, had a great time at the show, left a few greenbacks and got to meet you guys. Trust me (did I ever tell you not to trust a guy that starts off wth trust me?) the pleasure was all yours in meeting me :lol: LMAO :lol:

Seriously, now we all gotta find a way to get together for a little ole fishin derby...... hey Cuz you thought about bringin yer boat up to the Merrimack on June 5th? Roccus is leading us on a little fishin expedition....

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.