Stripers247.com Forums - View Single Post - Joke Of The Day -A Joke to insult Just about everybody
View Single Post
Old 01-30-2017, 10:02 AM
First Mate

Default Re: Joke Of The Day -A Joke to insult Just about everybody

Severely wounded in the head during hand-to-hand combat, the only visible permanent injury was that both of his ears were gone. Since his hearing was still ok, he remained in the Army and eventually rose to the rank of Major General. But, he was always sensitive about his appearance.

One day this General was interviewing three servicemen who were candidates for his headquarters
staff.

The first was a Captain, a tactical helicopter pilot, and it was a
great interview. At the end of the interview the General asked him, "Do you notice anything odd about me?'

The young officer answered, "Why, yes, Sir, I couldn't help but notice that you have no ears."

The general was displeased with this lack of tact and threw him out.

The second interview was with a Navy Lieutenant, and he was even better. The General then asked
him the same question, "Do you notice anything odd about me?"

He replied sheepishly, "Well, sir, you have no ears." The General promptly threw him out.

The third interview was with an old Sergeant Major, an Infantryman and staff-trained NCO. He was smart, articulate, fit, looked sharp, and seemed to know more than the two officers combined.

The General liked this guy, and went ahead with the same question, "Do you notice anything different
about me?"

To his surprise the Sergeant Major said, "Yes, sir, you wear contact lenses."

The General was impressed and thought this is an incredibly observant NCO, and he didn't mention my ears." He then asked, "Sergeant Major, how do you know I wear contacts?"

"Well, sir," the NCO replied, "it's pretty hard to wear glasses with no damn ears."