Originally Posted by HUSKY
1. A good friend of mine almost lost his house and possibly worse, to a fire caused by linseed oil soaked rags which he used to wipe down his plugs, after sealing. Rags with any combustable should be wet down and disposed of outside the house. There are many documented cases of spontaneous combustion fires from this source, so take heed.
Please feel free to add to this list:
Raw linseed is the worst, boiled isn't as bad . Never put them in a coffee container or a confined space. Same with steel wool.