Stripers247.com Forums - View Single Post - St.Croix Mojo Surf Rod
View Single Post
Old 04-14-2010, 04:31 PM
First Mate

Default Re: St.Croix Mojo Surf Rod

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbenson002 View Post
Is the 10'6" mojo adequate for plugs and eels? I believe the weight rating for this rod is 2-6oz. For a live line reel would you suggest the penn slammer or shimano baitrunner? Thanks for help guys. Feedback is much appreciated.
There are 2 10'6 Mojos a 3/4-4 and 2-6 either rod would do for plugs and eels, they are more than adequate. It mainly depends on the plugs you are throwing, if they are light then you may want the 3/4-4 and if heavier then 2-6. To cover your butt and give up a little when throwing Bombers and other light stuff then go with 2-6.
Either rod cast like a dream.
Each person likes things a certain way, I myself if going with the 10'6 most likely would use the 2-6 as it would give me the ability to throw heavier stuff like bait, big metals and handle large swimmers better. The 3/4 to 4 will handle the 4 no problem and it will let you really get behind it unlike some other rods of same rating
I have a 10' 1 to 4 Mojo with a Shimano Twinpower SW 6000 and I find myself grabbing it as much if not more than my Lami XS 101MS with a ZeeBaas ZX25 on it.

Don't let the light weight of the Mojo deceive you either, it has one heck of a backbone.

For live lining or bait I myself would prefer the Shimano Baitrunner out of those 2 reels. The new D series is really nice and the older B series is not to shabby either