Striped Bass Fishing Forums Forum banner

Headin' tah thah ditch this weekend!!

3K views 15 replies 6 participants last post by  JoeSixpack 
#1 ·
be staying at the herring run.. fishing nowhere particular..

truck has a 247 sticker on the bumper, swing by and say hello ifn' yer around... bringin' my sweety so she can get a taste of ditch jiggin'(gulp)

I'll take pics if we get into 'em!!(minus any landmarks) thumbsup.gif headbang.gif

:cheers:

#7 ·
CK.. last time down I brought bikes and did a lot of scouting.. I have 4-5 spots I like real well and there not too far of a walk... most of the rain appears to be a tad inland for tomorrow... hoping the canal gets spared.. cadicted.gif

#8 ·
Spent a little time there back in my youth,had some good days and some not so good days, used to strap my ice fishing cleats to my boots to keep myself upright.... one thing about ye old ditch...JIG CITY! ( I pour my own so I dont G.A.R.A. about loosing a few) caught a 9 lb codfish there back in the late 70's on a 3 ounce smilelin bill.. imagin my surprise to find a brown bomber instead of a linsided beauty!

#10 ·
every time i pull the ditch all nighter, i bump into the locals, they comb the bike trail "following" the fish at first light throwing top waters. i must of met and chatted with 15 or so different locals over the past few years doing that. yup thier bikes are set up for striper hunting. oh jigman i had some luck last year late one night near "the pipe". i imagine you know where. not far from your room. good luck man, let us know, i may need to make an emergency trip to the ditch if its hot, i am in need of a moo moo.

#11 ·
cancelled out for this weekend.. a little rain is one thing but pouring all weekend is another.. set ahead to next weekend now headbang.gif ..

yeah it's a jiggahs dream down there... the "pipe"?? never heard of it happy3.gif .. came back from the ditch a few times with carpel tunnel attacks and the smile to match.. awesome for night fishing, the whole place is lit up like christmas..

the boat traffic is pretty impressive.. swore I'd never bitch about the traffic in the kenny again after coming back from my first trip.. about the time the cruise liners were going by and you could hit 'em with a jig on a snap-cast... PONG!!! headbang.gif

#14 ·
you got that right roc, one night i was chunkin, sitting on the rocks and i kept seeing things out of the corner of my eyes in the rocks, it took me a good 20 min before i finally saw one. i swear they were messing with me, poking thier heads out and when i turned to look they were gone, creepy.

#16 ·
I will be down the Canal this weekend. The bike? It's a must. Girl's mountain bike, so I don't fall over getting off, baskets, PVC for the rods....

NiteTime is the best for me. Lowtide on the new moon....Less water less places to hide! icn___clap.gif

As for the rats....It's Coyotes I don't trust. The Foxes could be run off. Coyotes are stubborn....

White bike is about the only clue I can think to give. I'll be the guy on the bank. With coffee and a radio...playing very quiet.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.