Stripers247.com Forums - View Single Post - Just started fishing for the first time since I was in grade school
View Single Post
Old 05-08-2008, 05:35 PM
Young salt

Default Re: Just started fishing for the first time since I was in grade school

You made me laugh with your story PFlats....reminds me of when I moved up to Maine a few years back. I didnt have a lot of $$ so I hit the local Wal-Mart and when I got to the fishing aisle, man, it was like every xmas and bday I ever had all wrapped up into one. Screw buying dust pans, brooms and other essentials, I'm getting me some gear. I must have walked up and down for over an hour picking out a rod/reel, hooks, line, sinkers, lures and all sorts of assorted fishing gear (1/2 of which I didn't and still dont even need). To make a short story long, I got so damn excited I think I started hitting the beach, rivers and jetties of OOB/surrounding in mid April. Needless to say I didn't catch anything until early June, and the only thing I accomplished was burning myself out far too long before the end of the season in September. I decided this year to try not thinking about it until May, yet I found myself rigging up my rods/reels weeks ago while watching fishing shows on a Sunday morning. Looks like next Wednesday's the day, I can wait no longer...bit early still but I have "the itch." Good luck in R.I. boys, hit 'em hard and
save some for us up here in Maine country.