Stripers247.com Forums - View Single Post - Braid Line keeps breaking during Casts???
View Single Post
Old 07-10-2013, 07:39 AM

Default Re: Braid Line keeps breaking during Casts???

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeTheFisherman View Post
... Try tying a leader on with an Albright knot at your house, and then scratch it back and forth with your fingernail fairly aggressively. I bet you can make it fail! (And yes... I am using enough turns...lubing the line... and cinching the wraps tight.. and making the tag end exit the loop the same way the main line entered it.) I think that's what's happening to you. I found this post because I was looking for info on failed Albright knots. I'm going back to the double uni-knot until someone can convince me that I'm missing something in the build of a modified-Albright (and I've watched about 25 videos on it so I think I have it right). Good luck.

Note this instruction in the post directly above yours... I've not had a modified Albright knot fail in over 5 years, and use a long enough leader that it's going through several guides on each cast.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zimno1 View Post
But after you tie it... lock it with an overhand and hit it with pliobond or knot sense.