Striped Bass Fishing Forums Forum banner

Smittys south jersey striper report!!!!!!!!!!

3K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  smitty351 
#1 ·
Nothing much to report since my last post. The water temp in cape may is up to 53deg so the bite should definetely pickup. I also heard that the herring are showing up at the mayslanding bulkhead so the baitfish should really start to pickup. I will be down in cape may thursday see what I can hookup. It is a 1:00 oclock high tide which is the same time when I had the blitz 2 weekends ago and the water temp rose quite afew degrees so hoping the day is even better then the last. Looking for the cow so will see what I end up with. If anyone else is going to be in the area let me know and we can hookup and pound them together. :twisted: :twisted: :D

#2 ·
Ill be in wildwood Monday morning doing a sea trial and survey on my boat. Good time to clown with some bait. Let me know where you are if your out there. Ill at least say hello. :wink:

#4 ·
Heading out friday morning!!!

I'll be heading out to cape may friday morning and will probably be there through the evening. Gonna try some herring live if I can find them but fresh if not. Other then that the clams have been producing so stick with what works. I might even try a few spots for some top water if the wind lays down some. I gotta try to keep the streak going. so far three trips and had fish every time. The water temp at the mouth of the bay is 52deg. so the bite should be pretty good. The tide is just right for me to catch the incoming, slack and outgoing so see whats up. Got some meat in the freezer so looking for the COW!!!! now. Hope there there. If not I'll huntem down. I will post back asap and let yall know how I did. Later all. Tight lines and big fish!!! This site rocks!!!! :twisted: :D :roll: :!: :mrgreen:
P.S. If anyone is gonna be down in the area give me a call and we can hook up. 609-839-2482 I'll be there all day.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.