Stripers247.com Forums - View Single Post - What's Your Favorite Striper Recipe
View Single Post
Old 05-18-2009, 02:14 PM
Young salt

Default Re: What's Your Favorite Striper Recipe

Quote:
Originally Posted by alewive View Post
I do a boneless/skinless fillets, and then meticulously remove any bit of dark meat off the fillet...I then split each fillet in two length wise, to remove any bones or darkmeat remaining along the lateral line.

From there, I cut each half fillet in half again to make it more managable in size. From there I double dip the fillets in milk then breading breading then put them in the oven for 23 minutes @ 350, then under the broiler for 2 or 3 minutes.

For the breading, I use 1 cup bread crumbs, and then to that I add 2 tablespoons parmesean cheese, 2 teaspoons each of garlic powder and minced onions, 1/2 teaspoon each of italian season, salt, and fresh ground pepper.

Hmmm, under the broiler ya say, that's something I havent tried yet.......that must give the bredding a nice crunchy texture, sounds awesome, I'll give it a whirl this season. I usually just melt a 1/2 stick of butter, then cut a lemon in half and squeeze the juices into that and brush it onto the fillets. Season with salt, fresh ground pepper and Old Bay on both sides, then cook on medium-high heat in a frying pan with a little E.V.O.O. and fresh minced garlic & chopped onion. Very simple and absolutely delcious. Tight lines fellas.

StriperHyper ~ Will