This is my favorite, but yours sounds tasteee too!
South Carolina Striped Bass
Striped Bass Fillets
1 cup white corn meal
1 cup all purpose flour
2 cups buttermilk
2 teaspoons of hot sauce
Lemon Pepper seasoning, or any of the following: Calabash, Old Bay, Cajun or any other type you like to taste.
1. Preheat oil in fryer or Dutch oven over medium-high heat.
2. Cut bass into nuggets, place in a bowl with buttermilk & hot sauce and allow to soak (refrigerated) for at least four hours.
3. Pour off liquid, but do not rinse fish.
4. Combine corn meal and flour in a zipper top plastic bag.
5. Add fish pieces to the flour mixture a few at a time, shaking bag regularly to coat.
6. Remove fish nuggets and carefully place into hot oil. (I use canola/olive oil mixed)
7. Fry for 3-5 minutes or until golden brown.
8. Remove from oil, drain, and sprinkle with the seasoning of choice.
Note use can substitute any of theses for the flour mixture with great results Tempura flour, Panko Crums, Corn Flakes, and even Instant mashed potato Flakes