Stripers247.com Forums - View Single Post - Meet The Admins
Thread: Meet The Admins
View Single Post
Old 10-07-2011, 05:31 PM

Default Re: Meet The Admins

Hey guys, was just looking through some of the older threads and came across this one. Since this thread was started back in 2007, the Stripers247.com website and forum has been purchased by Allcoast Media, and Striperjim has retired from the Administration team after more than 7 years of most excellent service to this community. We all wish him the best!

The day to day Administrative duties on this forum are now being handled primarily by me, with the support of a great team of moderators and an excellent behind the scenes technical support and advertising crew from Allcoast.

A lot of you guys know me already, but here's little about me for those of you who don't. I'm a transplant to the east coast from Missouri, having grown up fishing mostly for largemouth bass and catfish in the Missouri rivers & lakes. When I moved to Massachusetts in September 2004, I got into striped bass fishing for the first time and in May of 2005 I found Stripers247.com, which had just celebrated its first birthday. I found here a group of guys who were down to earth and always willing to help out a newbie like me as I learned the ropes of fishing for striped bass.

The mentorship I received from guys like Striperjim, Roccus, Zimno1, TonyDB, Gunny, and many others was invaluable and, though I'm sure I was a pest at times, they took the time to teach and helped speed the learning curve that all who are new to striped bass fishing must go through. Some of these guys are still around and some have moved on, but I will forever be in their debt. I still have much to learn, but it is my goal to help to carry on that torch and do what I can to in turn be a mentor to others the way these guys were for me when I was getting started.

In addition to my duties here as one of the administrators of this forum, I am also a founding member and current president of Stripercoast Surfcasters Club, a coast-wide striped bass surfcasting club geared toward uniting dedicated striped bass surfcasters on the eastern seaboard, and helping to provide a united voice on their behalf on issues such as the conservation of striped bass, protection of forage fish, and coastal access rights. I am also a member of Rhode Island Saltwater Anglers Association, Coastal Conservation Association, Montauk Surfcasters Association, and serve on the executive committee of the Massachusetts Chapter of Stripers Forever.

I recently celebrated the 10th anniversary of the day I married my beautiful and patient bride, and am the proud father of two future surfcasters, Sophia (7), and Benjamin (5). I also work 55+ hrs a week at a desk job doing computer crap, technical support, and R&D in the decorated apparel industry.

OK,,, that's enough about me. My job here is to serve you guys, and if there's ever anything that I can do for you, just shoot me a PM here on the forum.

Thank you all for helping to make Stripers247.com the great community that it is!
Cheers!
Jake