Stripers247.com Forums - View Single Post - FLW striper tournaments info
View Single Post
Old 06-20-2010, 09:22 AM
Official Member

Default Re: FLW striper tournaments info

The Manchester-Essex Rotary Club, MA is hosting the "1st Annual Cape Ann Striper Tournament", a three-day competition from July 9 to 11, 2010.
Prize money totals $2,800 with a 1st prize of $1,500. Children 14 and under, are offered special prizes.

Weigh Stations include: Winchester's, Fin n' Feather, Al's Bait & Tackle, 1st Light Anglers, & Surfland

The tournament will be preceeded Thursday July 8, 6p to 8p by a Captains' & Anglers' Meeting at Crocker's Boat Yard.
Light food and refreshments will be served. And a cash bar will be provided.

After fishing ends Sunday noon, from 1p-4p an Awards Ceremony and an excellent Barbeque Cookout - featuring 'pulled pork' barbeque - is provided to all anglers and paid guests.
That Barbeque Cookout is at the American Legion, overlooking Manchester Harbor.

The food will be excellent and live music will make it an enjoyable party and Awards Ceremony.
Friends and family are encouraged to participate in the fishing as well as the Barbeque Cookout !
Register now at: http://www.manchesteressexrotary.org/Stripers.cfm

978-869-2424 cell
Quote:
Originally Posted by BC View Post
Tony, I heard they are targeting smaller females and males to reduce the pressure and stress on big cows, so the tournaments are as conservation minded as possible. While it won't be as exciting as bringing in a big fish, I see their point and agree. Plus, these fish have to fit in fish tubes to keep them alive. it's easier to keep a smaller fish alive and healthy in a tube.
I think the redfish tournaments have a slot because those are the regulations made by states. It has nothing to do with FLW.
I really don't think the tournaments will overcrowd our waters from their publicity. YOu may get a few guys book guided trips from seeing it on TV, but I don't think we'll see a difference.
I think I'll probably go to one or two events that are closer to me. It's an interesting looking tournament and I'd like to fish a couple.