Stripers247.com Forums - View Single Post - Hi Everyone
Thread: Hi Everyone
View Single Post
Old 10-29-2008, 08:58 PM
Striper Hunter

Default Hi Everyone

My name is Ron & just joined Stripers247. I just wanted to say Hello & introduce myself to all. I live on Long Island on the South Shore. I am an avoid fisherman of all sorts. I've been tying fly's for a number of years & love to flyfish. I'm a retired UPS worker with over 25yrs of service.
When I retired I bought my first brand new boat. A Sweet 23 foot Parker Polit house. I call her "Saltefly" It's a great boat & handles real nice.
All though I love to flyfish every time I get,the conditions aren't always good so I fish all kinds. I've traveled & fished in many exotic places. I will post pictures when I find out how! LOL I love to discuss fishing topics & love to help the kids starting out. I teach fly tying & casting but not for a price! I just want to pass on what was taught to me. My boat is in Bay-Park area & I fish the Rockawys,Long Beach,Jones area. I tye all my on rigs & also enjoy surf fishing. The fishing has started to pick up this past week with some nice keeper Bass in the back bays! I'm always looking to meet new friends & share my experences with fellow fishers. Being retired I have a lot of free time & am always looking for people to fish with along with Playing Golf,my 2nd Love! If I can help anyone in need of questions pretaining to equipment, advice ETC I will try answer all. I'm no expert but I do have some knowledge. I am also here to learn! The only thing I won't tolorate is BS! I have no time for it. Nice meeting you & hope to meet some new friends..................................Ron
Attached Images