Stripers247.com Forums - View Single Post - Fisherman Drowns On L.i. Beach
View Single Post
Old 06-20-2007, 07:30 PM

Default Fisherman Drowns On L.i. Beach

On June 9th, 2007 a fellow Surf Angler was lost to the sea.
William Rihm, 45 a city schoolteacher and father of two was found
Saturday June 9th off a Long Island beach where he drowned while fishing late
Friday night June 8th 2007.

New York Post Story
FISHERMAN DROWNS ON L.I. BEACH

WILLIAM RIHM
Body found on June 9th.

June 11, 2007 -- The body of a city schoolteacher and father of two was found yesterday off a Long Island beach where he drowned while fishing late Friday night, police said.
William Rihm, 45, was reported missing Saturday morning after he failed to return to his Setauket home.
Rihm, a physical-education teacher and avid angler, regularly waded into the waters off West Meadow Beach to fish in the evening.
His wife, Kathy, became concerned when he did not return home.
Suffolk County police, U.S. Coast Guard and local fire department volunteers began searching on Saturday and found Rihm's body at 2 p.m. yesterday.
Neighbors on the block where Rihm had lived for 10 years said he was a devoted father who was often seen shooting hoops with his kids.
"He was a wonderful man," said Pat Gould, 46. "He was very devoted to his family."
Rihm taught at P811, a special-education school in St. Albans, Queens.

From all accounts he was not an amateur surf caster and was a good swimmer based on facts from the school he taught at. He also took his students swimming and taught them the basics of swimming.
The email address below was setup for the Rihm family for all Surfcasters to send there sympathy and condolences.
Please make sure you let the Rihms know where you are from.
[email protected]