Stripers247.com Forums - View Single Post - NO FLUKE or was it?
View Single Post
Old 06-15-2010, 05:35 PM
Official Member

Default NO FLUKE or was it?

Went out to try my hand at Fluke yesterday. Organized my Fluke gear, loaded the boat for Fluke, and headed out for Fluke. I did bring two striper outfits just in case.

No luck from 9-1pm. Just small fish making off with my squid. I stop for about 10 minutes for a sandwich and a cold drink. Off in the distance I sea some birds gathering between the cannal and the old channel. I also see some splashing on the flats so I decided to take a look.

First cast I catch myself a healthy 9" striper. I was happy that I did not get skunked. I was drifting pretty fast and on my next cast I caught a 25" striper. I headed back to start over. In approx. 200 yards of drifting I caught 3-5 fish, all approx 26"-27". Back to the starting point and this time I decided to start closer to the canal. I drifted and did not catch anything on my first few casts so I thought I would go back and start closer, but I got one more cast in and Bingo.......I caught a 32" striper

About 20 fish in all I guess. Was a great time. Tried again today. The fish were there but smaller and less frequent. A good time all the same!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	bass clarisse.jpg
Views:	43
Size:	124.9 KB
ID:	13756  

Last edited by JakeF; 06-16-2010 at 05:17 PM. Reason: Location too specific