Striped Bass Fishing Forums Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

2016 HERRING TRACKING REPORTs

97K views 280 replies 78 participants last post by  FyshhTrap 
#1 ·
We can use this thread to track Herring movements up the river.

:icon_thelmutsalute:

Let us know when you start seeing them ... General location or county is fine, no need to give up your specific honey holes.

Thank you!

#74 ·
Managed to jig up 3 herring in the esopus today. Coulda had a few more but they got off as I tried to get them into my kayak. They were biting pretty good up until high tide, then it completely turned off. All in all a good day on the yak and now I really cant wait until friday!

#81 ·
I still think it is a little early. That warm weather we had a few weeks ago really messed the herring up and got us all excited. They are there though. Good luck to everyone this year. Hope it will be a good one for everyone. And remember where ever you go, be safe and carry out what you carry in.

#94 ·
I threw a stoolie at Kingston point and in Glasco yesterday with no followers spotted. Went to cover the boat last night and a couple guys jigged a few up in the esopus near the falls. I didn't ask too many questions but they said they got a couple. It was near the top of high tide, not sure if it was coming or going though. On a side not, I got my bait pump working and now the fishing rig is 100% ready to run. Just hoping for some productive days as I'll be sacrificing sleep and health to get out on the few chances i get! Good luck to all

#105 ·
I paid $745.00 for mine 15yrs. ago,14 ft. square stern, then bought a Johnson 2hp motor $ 600.00, I think you got a good deal.:frustrated:
I missed that one !!! I do a lot of trolling for Lakers and Salmon with mine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.