Striped Bass Fishing Forums Forum banner

few sealers/ primers

2K views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  Sudsy 
#1 ·
hey guys, found this stuff laying around the house, not sure if its good for plugs but parents dont need it...this is some kind of kilz

Kilz Latex searler primer stainblocker
miniwax sealer

if any of this is good stuff/ usable for plugs please let me know... ive heard of people using miniwax sealer not sure if this is the rite stuff....Thanks in advance guys

links disabled unusable -jh

#2 ·
Those links are for something having to do with AOL
My computer won't let me anywhere near them

What are the names of the products ?

#3 ·
the first is a big can of Kilz Latex and under tht says.. searler primer stainblocker.
next is a can of MINWAX wood finish and says penetrates stains seals

and the last is some kind of possibly a primer from behr... ultra white

i think iv heard of using minwax but the others im not so sure

#4 ·
Stick to the Killz. Good stuff, that's what most of the builders I know use as a primer.

Acrylic paint won't stick to the Minwax
Behrs is usually crap

Always remember that you have to keep the layers of finish compatible or you'll end up with a peeling issue.

As you get started in this take notes on what sealers, paints and topcoats you use on each plug. Sooner or later you'll try a different paint that causes all kinds of problems. Sometimes it can take half a season of fishing the plug before the problem shows itself (like an epoxy topcoat peeling off).
If you've taken notes you'll be able to identify what caused the issue and you'll be able to avoid doing it again.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.