Striped Bass Fishing Forums Forum banner

Cape cod: fishing in April

2K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  seahunter69 
#1 ·
Am assuming the stripers are not in the cape cod area until may.

What fair game to fish in April?

#2 ·
Find a rocky bottom in deeper water and you'll find cod and maybe some pollack. Try off race point point for example. Other than cod I can't really think of what else is out there this time of your unless you want to fish freshwater. trout fishing should be good in april in the kettle ponds. good luck!

#3 ·
First and foremost, welcome to the site. What kind of fishing do you do? Surfcasting? From a boat? Kayak? My greatest advice to you would be to get in on the gatherings. These are great and you will learn more than you thought possible. There's going to be 2 down the cape, june and after labor day sometime... and the one I 100% suggest you attend will be the 1st Rhoadie gathering... This will be learning at it's best as one of bests(IMHO) will be teaching all how to fish his home turf. He did the same last year and I think everyone left saying "WOW" Get and email to the Gunny at HardSpikeNail@AOL.COM He's the MC for these things.

Bryan

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.