Striped Bass Fishing Forums Forum banner

Penn Squidder 140

6K views 4 replies 2 participants last post by  MB3 
#1 ·
Unfortunately my Uncle passed late last year and just now we are helping my Aunt clear some of the things he stock piled over the years. Evidently he was into fishing at some point in his life and we came across a stock pile of vintage Penn reels and a few others.

In there was a Squidder 140, new never used. I plan on fishing it because it feels right and because it was a family members. Any suggested upgrades or just fish it as is? What kind of drag does it put out? Is there a way to tell what year it was made? I know it is old because this stuff has been buried for years.

Thanks for any info. Also there are 5-6 reels some look never used: Pflueger Supreme, Senator 1/0, 720Z, Senator 6/0, Templar Pflueger 1420 1/2, Pflueger 9/0 Atlapac in the original steel box (I'm assuming this one is hard to find?). I will start another thread in the right section but if anyone is looking for vintage reels that have no or minimal use I will have some for sale shortly with pics.

Attachments

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.