to UPLOAD: please register or login

Jerry Vovcsko

First dunked a worm in Otsego Lake (upstate NY) some 68 years ago and began pursuing striped bass in Cape Cod waters 40 years ago. Pretty soon I should be able to get it right...maybe.

Search This Blog

December 31, 2012

Worms, Jigs and Northern Pike

by Jerry Vovcsko

It's a gloomy picture that presents itself as I peer out my kitchen widow this morning. Cloudy skies that look like they could start spitting snowflakes any moment; ice making the driveway slick and dirty snow heaped up down by the street.

December 24, 2012

Twas the Night Before Christmas

by Jerry Vovcsko

Well, folks, here's wishing everyone a very Merry Christmas, the best of the Holidays and a Happy New Year for 2013. May Santa fill everyone's wish list and may Tom Brady and the stout lads on the New England Patriots bring yet another Lombardi Trophy home to Patriot Nation.

December 18, 2012

Looking For Fish in All the Right Places

by Jerry Vovcsko

Good news for Chatham merchants as the sixteen foot great white shark tagged off Cape Cod last September was tracked last week passing the Grand Strand of Myrtle Beach, SC approaching the North Carolina state line and heading our way.

December 09, 2012

Getting Kind of Cold These Days

by Jerry Vovcsko

The trick-or-treat weather we've experienced lately has really made it tough on the salt water scene what with high winds and rough seas keeping anglers pretty much shorebound.

December 01, 2012

Follow That Shark!

by Jerry Vovcsko

It's not all that uncommon to see a blind person being guided by a seeing-eye dog, but you don't generally expect to hear about the guide role being played by a shark. Which is why a recent story in an Australian newspaper really got my attention.
You must login to post a comment.

User Name
Password

Need an account? Register here!
© 2011 Noreast Media, LLC | Terms of Service | Contact Us | Advertise