to UPLOAD: please register or login

Captain Pat

Popular Connecticut boat captain, outdoor writer and striper fishing enthusiast, Captain Pat is well known for his innovative light tackle trolling techniques. He is the creator and owner of T-Man Custom Tackle, LLC.

Search This Blog

October 30, 2012

Your Gonna Love This!!!

by Captain Pat "T-Man" Renna

Well the 2012 blackfish season is flying by and the impact of "Hurricane Sandy" on our area in Niantic Ct is yet to be determined. Between the adverse storm conditions and the calendar I can feel my salt water fishing opportunities quickly slipping away. I have to admit that I'm truly a "fair weather fisherman" and I have learned over the years that mid November is the latest I care to be on the ocean. The good news is I have had a great tog season so far and I have taken the time to put up a goodly about of blackfish fillets for the winter. So today I want to share with you one of the ways I prepare fresh frozen blackfish. Tog meat is extremely versatile and can be easily incorporated into casseroles, chowders and stews, all of which I like. But, my favorite hands down is the Blackfish Cake!
Someone once said that a picture is worth a thousand words. So it stands to reason that a video is worth many thousand words at least. Back a couple seasons ago I decided to put together my own personal food channel type video and even if the production quality isn't up to snuff… I promise that finish product is a good as any Iron Chef could produce. So, if you're interested take the time to watch this "T-Man" video production and reference it while making your own batch of cakes. By the way this same method works well with many types of white fish including cod, flounder/fluke, scup and striped bass.

Have at it!!

Comments (0)

Post a Comment

You must login to post a comment.

User Name
Password

Need an account? Register here!
© 2011 Noreast Media, LLC | Terms of Service | Contact Us | Advertise