to UPLOAD: please register or login

Capt. Steve Byrne

Steve Byrne is a charter captain and fishing addict. He holds the current IGFA weakfish 30# line-class record, & guided his two sons to IGFA records of their own. "Catching stripers for 40 years, I love releasing big fish to catch them another day!"

Search This Blog

April 19, 2012

Warming Up

by Capt. Steve Byrne

Got out for a couple of hours after work today. The wind was fairly stiff and although it was with the tide it still whipped up a decent sea (for the Bay). I set up chunks on two rods, one in the holder and one in my hand. After twenty minutes I went to change the bait & put the rod I had been holding into a rod holder.

It immediately bent over...

Missed that one, but I did connect with this bass, which was released. Fresh chunks, moving tide & a little high spot = fish. I have my first charter of the year tomorrow afternoon. With a little luck, I'll have some better photos for my next post.

Comments (1)

Steve Byrne wrote 7 years ago

Friday afternoon's trip was very good. I had Stephen C. with me and he had 2 bass in the teens plus 15 bluefish up to 9 pounds. Bunker were still tough to get, so you might want to stop by your local shop on your way out.

Post a Comment

You must login to post a comment.

User Name
Password

Need an account? Register here!
© 2011 Noreast Media, LLC | Terms of Service | Contact Us | Advertise