Striped Bass Fishing Forums Forum banner

Discussions Showcase Albums Media Media Comments Tags Marketplace

1-19 of 499 Results
  1. Stripers 101 - Sticky Threads
    Thinking about installing downriggers on Crestliner so I can get down to striper and eye depth. Cost is significant though, anyone have alternative trolling techniques or practices I could try before spending money for downriggers. I have tried lead core line trolling with some success but I'm...
  2. Alabama Stripers
    Anybody out there that fishes Lake Martin, AL for stripers?
  3. Stripers 101 - The Beginners clinic.
    I am planning a trip to Lake Ouachita, Arkansas, May 7 -14 and I'm seeking advise on how to fish for freshwater stripers. I fished with a guide in October a few years ago using live shad and slow trolling. I have read that the stripers are up near the surface early and on cloudy days and can be...
  4. Arizona Stripers
    I've just started fishing Pleasant for stripers and you've all heard about beginners luck. Well I'm not having any. I need to hear about the closely guarded secret places on the lake to get stripers, what you're using and my biggest drawback is that I don't have a boat. Any help will do...
  5. Alabama Stripers
    Wow. Looks like I'm the first to post here in some time. My name is Jon Grigsby and I recently moved to Smith Lake and have landed my first big stripe about a week ago. I was just north of Goat Island on a large flat east of the channel in about 30 feet. There were huge balls of shad being...
  6. Hudson River
    Glass Lake access opened today. Real pretty. Please be nice.
  7. New Member Introductions
    Hello Fairly new to fishing. bought a 17.5 ' Bass Pro 2000 model. Have many poles and reels. Even bought a fishing license. All dressed up but need to know how! Been to Silverwood many times and only caught a few Stripers. Everone else seems to be catching fish out of there, so its me...
  8. Hudson River
    Glass Lake (and Crooked Lake) are the headwaters of the Wynantskill, which flows into the Hudson in Troy, powering the Burden Iron Works, and many other mills along the creek. Here is a picture of the new public access site on Glass Lake under construction. It took more than a few years and...
  9. Sweetwater Fishing -Freshwater Stripers
    My buddy and I fished a short trip to Lake Cumberland, KY last weekend. We only had one good day and night of fishing because the starter went out. Here's some pictures from Friday night. All but one striper were caught on Gizz 4 deep diving Red Head.
  10. Oklahoma Stripers and Wipers
    The fish are in very large schools and are running very hard and fast. Down riggers with double jig rigs, slabs and live bait are all catching fish. I have been down rigging mostly running from 25 to 40 feet. The fish are generally found on the lower end of the lake from the Islands east and...
  11. California - Lakes, Rivers, Bay and Delta
    I am in town and would like to try to fish Lake silverwood for some stripers. how is the shore fishing this time of year? I don't have a boat but I can probably rent one if there's one available near by. Are there any recommendations? Thank you.
  12. Oklahoma Stripers and Wipers
    After catching stripers drifting in 20 - 4 feet of water, which is unusual for this late in the season, the fish have finally migrated to deeper water where they are normally found this time of year. We have been fishing in 60 - 80 feet of water with live shad. It seems we often "start" the fish...
  13. Oklahoma Stripers and Wipers
    May 20th was the first day we saw some of the bigger fish that have returned from the spawn. Six clients caught 11 stripers from 8-16 lbs. Since then we have pulled at least one better fish each day. The keepers seem to be feeding harder each day as the water temperature warms. We are having to...
  14. Pennsylvania's Lakes, Rivers and Impoundments
    Can someone tell me if fly fishing is good at this lake? Any wading area or you mainly need a boat for this? Anyone fly fish there, please let me know how you guys did?thanx..
  15. South Carolina - Interior
    We are here for a long duration project. Have had good luck with the largemouth, but ready for some stripers. We are storing the boat at Carolina King and wonder if the channel at the end of Jacks Creek has any potential? I have been told to fish the channel between Marion and Moultrie. We...
  16. Arkansas
    I know it has been asked but most threads seem out dated so I will just ask again. I seem to catch mostly hybrids and few stripers and on the small size. Any one have any information on Lake Hamilton? I will share any information some times having network of people helps to find fish. I...
  17. Sweetwater Fishing -Freshwater Stripers
    I love to fish in Tennessee. My buddy and I went to fish Norris and Cherokee lakes over the New Year and had a great time. We fished Flitterbaits nearly exclusively. Only two fish were caught on other lures. A walleye on a Gizz 3 and a smallmouth on a hair jig. We used Flitterbaits and...
  18. The Striper Forum
    Has anyone fished Stripers on Boone lake recently?
  19. The Striper Forum
    Am I the only one fishing for striper on the lake, or does everyone else know something I don't, because I have not even had a bite other than catfish for the last three weeks..I know they are there. Won't hit a shiner or a herring, haven't been able to catch any gizzard shad...I think the lake...
1-19 of 499 Results