Striped Bass Fishing Forums Forum banner

Discussions Showcase Albums Media Media Comments Tags Marketplace

1-17 of 17 Results
  1. Stripers on the Fly
    Hey, new to the site, wanted to share some of the striper fishing I do in Arizona. Lake Pleasant is being overrun by stripers and the average size is not very big. There has been a couple 20 lbs' caught within the past few weeks but the boiling average is much smaller, yet still so much fun! Get...
  2. New Member Introductions
    Hello Folks... .....I came across this forum looking for information on old Penn Senator reels. Seeing that the forums about Stripers, thought I'd sign up, I live in Arizona and they've introduced Stripers here in some of the large lakes. They eat just about anything and everything...
  3. Arizona Stripers
    Hi all, I live in the Metro Phx area near Lake Pleasant. It's a resevoir and the striper fishing is very good. Prob is, from Sept thru March it is tough to fish and I still want some Striper!! The water drops about 50 ft by end of summer and changes fishing. Here is a site...
  4. Record Striped bass
    I saw this article a little while back but I couldn't find it here. http://azgfd.net/artman/publish/NewsMedia/State-record-striper-caught-during-major-storm.shtml I may be heading out to Lake Pleasant tomorrow to try my hand at Stripe Bass fishing. I have picked up some new tackle. Does...
  5. Arizona Stripers
    The hookup fishing outfitters and guide service - Striper action on nationally renowned Lake Pleasant http://www.thehookupoutfitters.com/index.html Questions or to make Reservations Call: 623-412-3474 Address: 8708 W. Harbor Blvd., Peoria, AZ 85383 Email: info@thehookupoutfitters.com •
  6. Arizona Stripers
    Re: Weekly Arizona Reports - Outlook for 2010 Complete Az weekly reports can be found here SOUTHWESTERN WATERS Lake Havasu & Topock Gorge: Fishing for largemouth bass, as well as smallmouth bass, is expected to be good to excellent. Sizes will range from 13 inches and up, with an occasional...
  7. New Member Introductions
    I am new here.Moving from Arizona to Egg Harbor New Jersey.I have caught a lot of stripers here,Lake Pleasant,with frozen anchovies under a submerged green light at night.But,that's about it.I will learn the rest from you all.Thanks,Bruce
  8. Arizona Stripers
    ARIZONA STATE PARKS For Immediate Release Managing and conserving Arizona's natural, cultural and recreational resources for the benefit of the people, both in our Parks and through our Partners. Information: Ellen Bilbrey at (602) 542-1996 or (602) 228-8518, or Monica Enriquez at (602)...
  9. Arizona Stripers
    Greetings, First post, I live in Lake Havasu City, AZ. We do striper trolling on the lake. Looking for striper 247 members to teach this old dog some new tricks in trolling. Thanks for letting me join. Hava Art
  10. Arizona Stripers
    Hi guys. I'm a transplant to Phoeniz from Alaska, just learning about stripers. I've fished salmon my whole life and now the only thing that's the same is the knots! I have a 12 foot Livingston boat with a 30 horse Mariner on it and just had a console added and seats so I'm ready to go! I...
  11. Arizona Stripers
    LAKE POWELL By Wayne Gustaveson. Lake elevation: 3,591. Water temp: 47-50 F. Lake Powell is fishing like two separate lakes. The extreme northern lake is typical for February with challenging fishing for most species. Forage was abundant last fall. Fish are fat and have gone dormant for the...
  12. Arizona Stripers
    From Manny Luftglas "Arizona has not added hybrids to their waters yet. A letter to the Fisheries Chief Lawrence F. Reilly in favor of stocking hybrids is a good idea for you guys because the Chief is aware of their reputation as great fighters. True strains have existed in some of the waters as...
  13. Arizona Stripers
    Stripers Under The Microscope Lake Pleasant Arizona Fisheries Management Arizona trophy bass lake suffers from growth pains By Lee Allen BASS Times, Nov. 2004 PHOENIX, Ariz. ? Lake Pleasant experienced what biologists often refer to as "new lake vigor," beginning about a decade ago when dam...
  14. Arizona Stripers
    FISHING HOT SPOT Lake Pleasant: Head for the Agua Fria arm of the lake or other areas with inflows. The Agua Fria River flow hit around 1,000 cfs on Monday and was still flowing at around 750 cfs at noon Tuesday. It is likely that Castle Creek and Humbug Creek are flowing as well. Quite often...
  15. Saltwater Licence Registry Links/Regulations/Laws
    Operation Game Thief Arizona http://www.gf.state.az.us/ogt.shtml
  16. Arizona Stripers
    Arizona Lake Pleasant Free Fishing Day Get your fishing poles and picnic baskets ready: free fishing day is Saturday, June 12 in Arizona on public waters. Arizona Game and Fish officials say that during Arizona's free fishing day, anglers do not need a fishing license to fish the state's...
  17. Arizona Stripers
    LAKE POWELL Fishing for stripers and smallmouth bass at Powell, which is more than 100 feet below capacity, should be the best it's been in years, according to Wayne Gustaveson, lead biologist for the Utah Division of Wildlife Resources Lake Powell Project "The drought situation has a lot of...
1-17 of 17 Results