Striped Bass Fishing Forums Forum banner

Discussions Showcase Albums Media Media Comments Tags Marketplace

1-19 of 22 Results
  1. The Striper Forum
    Hi All, Bought a nice umbrella rig and want to start trolling it this weekend. My reels have 80lb mono on them and my question is, do I need a trolling sinker to get them down? They seem fairly heavy and wonder if anyone's got any advice on doing this. I trolled some deep diving lures just on...
  2. The Striper Forum
    Saw this in dicks for saltwater. Anyone have experience with these? What fish do you target with him?
  3. Buy - Sell - Trade
    This item is a Umbrella style Rig that has 3, 4 or 5 wires. This bait comes with high quality swivels. The total length of the bait with the hardware and longest wire is about 10". The wire is made of stainless steel and is .030" in diameter. I have heavier wire rigs if that is what you are...
  4. The Striper Forum
    I've been watching some "How To Striper" Fish vids, and I keep seeing these guys trolling umbrella rigs in some small lake, and apparently every lure on the umbrella rig had its own hook. I thought the rule was no more than 2 hooks per rod?
  5. Trolling for Stripers
    Hey everyone, I'll be fishing the Colorado River lakes soon and I'm interested in your favorite size/color teasers and trailers for umbrella rigs. I'll be fishing a 4 arm rig with 8 teasers and a single trailer. What are your favorites? Thanks!
  6. Saltwater Tackle Shop
    I've made some umbrella rigs and troll 20-30 feet deep n(downrigger) in freshwater lakes with a large Storm devil eye shad chasing the teasers. Works often when slabs don't. Also use some very large saltwater divers rigged like a Hellpet.
  7. Sweetwater Fishing -Freshwater Stripers
    I have spent a little more time exploring Stripes in the middle Tn area, Cordell Hull primarily because of the low boat traffic. Up to now just dragging some various hard baits and buck tails and an occasional spoon of sorts. I have some luck when a school is wacking baitfish on the surface but...
  8. Trolling for Stripers
    Has anyone e\/er thought about trolling an umbrella rig on a kayak for stripers? It would ha\/e to be a small one. Just wondering if anyone has done this or if it would be to hea\/y for the yak. I am thinking about getting one but just want your guys feedback.
  9. Trolling for Stripers
    I have never used either the Umbrella rig or a planer board. My fishing is currently going to take place in and around Cordell Hull an impoundment on the Cumberland River here in middle Tn. I have dragged some lures around without much success just to get a feel for the boat and trolling speeds...
  10. Trolling for Stripers
    I have never used either the Umbrella rig or a planer board. My fishing is currently going to take place in and around Cordell Hull an impoundment on the Cumberland River here in middle Tn. I have dragged some lures around without much success just to get a feel for the boat and trolling speeds...
  11. Boaters Forum
    Do I really need a leader for my umbrella rig if I'm using 65# Spiderwire as my mainline? Am I risking my rig if I go straight from Spiderwider to inline Bead trolling sinker to rig (without a leader)? Will a 6-arm umbrella rig with a 2 oz drail and 65# Spiderwire at 300 ft out and at 1.5...
  12. Boaters Forum
    I may be speaking to the choir on this one, but here's a tip on how to store your umbrella rigs in a compact way. Cut the top off of a 2 liter plastic soda bottle just above the label. You can fold the arms of your u-rig down into the bottle along with your jigs and teasers and it keeps...
  13. Stripers 101 - The Beginners clinic.
    I troll in fresh water lakes in the midwest. I have the rods, lines, downriggers, and patience. What I don't have is a clue to umbrella rigs other than what I see in advertisements. Most seem to be 4 armed with a longer one in the middle. I will be trolling mostly in deeper water (40' to 70')...
  14. Trolling for Stripers
    Umbrella Rigs 101 Of all the trolling rigs in my boat, there is one that my guests really flip out on and that is the umbrella rig used in my trolling spread. I really don?t think they have caught on here in my state of Indiana but I?m sure there are some die hard line draggers out there using...
  15. New Jersey
    Anybody know where I can get "New England style" umbrella rigs on Long Island or the Hudson Valley? I had a lot of success last year with the "9'ers" rigs, but when I snagged one up and lost the other one on a double, I was unable to find one one anywhere between Shinnecock and Montauk (tried...
  16. Freshwater Tackle Box
    I am new to the game of trolling umbrella for landlocked stripers. I have them with bucktails as well as plastic swim baits. How should they be rigged? What type of leader etc. Thanks in advance!!!
  17. The Striper Forum
    i just bought an umbrella rig with swimming shads on it (i bought the bottom left one) how do i troll it
  18. The Striper Forum
    hello,i am new to the forum i want to get into trolling umbrella rigs right now,i have read to go slow and get them low to the bottom right now i am on a budget my boat does have a fishfinder for depth i also have the umbrella rig with shads i have a surf pole with an open faced reel with 30 lb...
  19. The Striper Forum
    Has anyone tried an umbrella rig in the Hudson? :roll: I've never used one, I'll be trying it soon.
1-19 of 22 Results