Striped Bass Fishing Forums Forum banner

Discussions Showcase Albums Media Media Comments Tags Marketplace

1-19 of 20 Results
  1. Hudson River
    Fishing on shore the other day and heard what I hope was just a crazy rumor. Anyone know if everything is OK at River Basin?
  2. Upper Hudson River Striper Club
    Hit the water aft work for just a few hours, only managed 6 bait in 40 mins ... BUT 6 bait = 6 Stripers in just 50 mins !!!!!! It was freaking awesome woohoo.gif Finally a little better for me too. Things are so hot out there right now. BB
  3. The Striper Forum
    Got a message from a couple crazy guys from Bullhead City, AZ. they sent me pics of monster striped bass from the Colorado River being caught on swimbaits, figured I'd fit right in...We stuck a 37 pounder and some fish in the 10-12 pound range. I put a video together from the trip...
  4. Rhode Island Fishing
    What a crazy season it's been, especially of late. Extreme heat across the country has the east coast locked into a heat wave for the last two weeks or more. No relieve in sight. It has affected the fishing greatly. How will the conditions be in August, and more importantly the fall? I don't...
  5. The Striper Forum
    What a crazy season it's been, especially of late. Extreme heat across the country has the east coast locked into a heat wave for the last two weeks or more. No relieve in sight. It has affected the fishing greatly. How will the conditions be in August, and more importantly the fall? I don't...
  6. Massachusetts
    Its killing me. every time i can go the conditions are not good. has anyone gotten out and caught any fish?
  7. Hudson River
    I have been told by more than a few..If you plan on plugging the upper Hudson "Your just gonna get yourself tired." "They won't hit plugs they can't see, they go to the scent" I was also told the fish behavior is different than being in salt. They are in spawning mode and eat to continue moving...
  8. All Time Best Threads
    O.K. guys, I need some suggestions........ I have a dear lifelong friend who is considering buying his first boat. To give you some background. I have been in boating for about 15 years. During that period of time I have had numerous boats starting with a Bayliner, Imperial, Grady White to now...
  9. Upper Hudson River Striper Club
    When we hit the water 1st thing this am it was looking kind of clear but it didn't take long before we were head to toe in rain gear. It was coming down pretty good on and off all morning. Temps were not that bad but add the wetness and a stiff wind ... not the greatest of conditions...
  10. Shorebound - Surf Beginners
    Hello, I'm reading the book "The Art of Surfcasting with Lures byZeno Hromin" . The things he is saying is blowing me away. He fishes 4 hours after HT and the only good beaches are near inlets because of the strong out going current. I was always told two hours before and two hours after HT. So...
  11. Massachusetts
    I live in Ohio. Three weeks ago (I can only talk about it now) I set off on my own mini striper adventure. Left Sat at 6:00 am for Fairfield, CT to hook up w/ buddy Rick (w/ boat) to fish the LIS for a couple of days. Arrived at 2:00 pm and on the boat at 4:00...ahhhh...back in the salt...
  12. Hudson River
    its finally top water time they are hitting very good they are all schoolies from 8-14lbs but its def not over
  13. The Wiper Room
    I went fishing yesterday and caught 15 wipers !!
  14. The Striper Forum
    Watched a guy catch a bass on the beach, well over legal size but he proceeded to cut the head off before taking the long walk back to his car. In CT the fish has to be intact otherwise its a violation I'm pretty sure. Another fisherman mentioned this to him and he played dumb. Why would he even...
  15. The Striper Forum
    Hi all. Well I got some of the gear I wanted for Christmas (except the Van Staal) I bought a new rod, cleaned my reels, organized, and reorganized my tackle, did a little fly casting practice, read a few books, watched a video, and now I'm going nuts!! I want to go fishing!! I cant wait until...
  16. Cape Cod Canal
    ALMOST TIME, ALMOST.
  17. Saltwater Tackle Shop
    this knot can be found with animated instruction in jims "knot thread" A. make loop with leader and feed 12-14 inches of braid through
  18. The Striper Forum
    Hello Fellow Fishers, A good buddy told me about this site... So I am checking in to say HELLO! :-) Tight Lines!
1-19 of 20 Results