Striped Bass Fishing Forums Forum banner

Discussions Showcase Albums Media Media Comments Tags Marketplace

1-7 of 7 Results
  1. The Striper Forum
    All I have to say the shore fishing has been tough since about mid December of last year.. Fished all day today between both lakes and had small little bumps all day.. :smiley17e: no shakers nothing !!!!
  2. California - Lakes, Rivers, Bay and Delta
    Went out yesterday, after the storm passed. Wind gusts were still up so couldn't put the boat in, but fished the bank for about 100 yards going south from the boat ramp. Using 6" red plastic worms on a Carolina rig, with the worm on a leader of about a foot from the bullet sinker. Hooked up...
  3. The Striper Forum
    Visited the O'Neil Forebay today in hopes of stripers. NADA!!! The forebay was pumped down incredibly low. From the boat ramp, directly across the forebay, all the way across, the deepest water on my fishfinder was 21.4 feet!!!! Tried to get from the boat ramp down to the bridge and...
  4. The Gallows - Poachers Hall of Shame
    The fishing at the Forebay is a mere speck of what it used to be. The primary reason is due to over harvesting. There's LOTS of people that fish there for food. Heck I keep one or two from time to time as well. Bottom line is that most people don't want to stick their neck out and expose...
  5. California - Lakes, Rivers, Bay and Delta
    Hi there Everyone :icon_thelmutsalute: Just wondering if it's worth the 3+ hour drive this time of Year? Any and All help would be appreciated.. Thank You in Advance Mike
  6. California - Lakes, Rivers, Bay and Delta
    San Luis Lake Facts Location: in the foothills of the western San Joaquin Valley near Pacheco Pass off Highway 152, eight miles west of I-5. Size: The main reservoir holds 2,027,840 acre-feet of water when full. The San Luis Joint-Use Complex serves the California State Water Project and...
  7. California - Lakes, Rivers, Bay and Delta
    San Luis Reservoir/O'Neill Forebay: Anglers fishing for striped bass have similar results from the main lake or the forebay, catching a few small fish (about 3-5 pounds). Early morning and early evening tend to be the best times. Anglers fishing from shore use bait, such as anchovies, shad or...
1-7 of 7 Results