Striped Bass Fishing Forums Forum banner

Discussions Showcase Albums Media Media Comments Tags Marketplace

1-20 of 47 Results
  1. The Wiper Room
    I had forgot i joined here a long time ago. My and my son have been enjoying a great spring with the hybrids this year. The tailrace at the dam has been loaded with them since mid febuary. seems like it might be winding down tho. About a month ago, we could catch them almost every cast but it...
  2. Sweetwater Fishing -Freshwater Stripers
    :icon_cry:I would like to know where/what hybrids do during the winter drawdown in flood control lakes.If someone could give me an idea,that would be great!I can not seem to finth_icon_splitform.g::eek:d them.I can find bait fish,but can not get bit!!!!
  3. Alabama Stripers
    Hey guys, Just joined the forum and am excited to be a part of this community. Have been having consistant fishing on the south part of the lake for the past few weeks. Quality fish, 6-8 pounds with occasional 9 or 10. Also, lots of largemouth bass and catfish, white lakers too. Find the shad...
  4. The Wiper Room
    Just wondering how many of you guys have targeted Hybrids with live bait. I'd like to try it some this season and was wondering if anybody has suggestion with an economical way to construct a baitwell. I'm fishing out of an 18' bass boat so my space is limited.
  5. Alabama Stripers
    killed the stripes and hybrids on the Hooch today - 12 to 15 14 to 17lb. stripes - 30 plus 5 to 10lb. hybrids - caught from Al bank this morning - surf casting - below WFG dam - Ft. Gaines
  6. Kentucky
    I'm new to the site and this is my first post. I live in South Central Kentucky and have been trolling for hybrids for the past four years. Started out through trial and error and used what I refer to as "Poor boy Downriggers" a DD-22 with rear treble taken off a leader of line and then whatever...
  7. Pennsylvania's Lakes, Rivers and Impoundments
    were starting to get some big hybrids in our area
  8. The Wiper Room
    Hey Guys, I fished the Hannibal tailrace today, Picked up two decent hybrids, one about 7 1/2 lbs and the other a solid 10 lbs, also picked up a few smaller ones and a few white bass. Not a bad morning considering the water was very dirty and running very fast. Anyone else doing any good with...
  9. Ohio Stripers and Wipers
    Hi Guys, I was wondering if anyone had any info on the hybrids in the Ohio river, I fish for them in Ohio, West Virginia and PA on the Ohio river. I was just wondering if they had started to bite yet. any info is greatly appreciated. thanks. ........Willy
  10. The Wiper Room
    WOW!!! The other night...we were fishing for catfish with chicken livers and got a tremendous surprise. Hybrids started hitting our baits and we limited out on them. These were the biggest hybrids I've caught to date and the fight was awesomely fun. Has anybody else caught them on chicken...
  11. Louisianna
    WOW!!! The other night...we were fishing for catfish with chicken livers and got a tremendous surprise. Hybrids started hitting our baits and we limited out on them. These were the biggest hybrids I've caught to date and the fight was awesomely fun. Has anybody else caught them on chicken...
  12. Texas Stripers
    I have just started fishing for hybrids after catching afew while fishing for catfish. They really impressed me with thier fight for thier size. Most were about 3-5 lbs, caught them drifting live shad. Would like more info about where and when best time to fish for them at this lake.
  13. Ohio Stripers and Wipers
    Well, after a decent afternoon with Jeff yesterday, I decided to dress a little warmer and go again today. Only caught 23, 14 of which were on a blue Gizz. what a lure. I was even bringing one in and another tried to steal it from the 6 lber I was landing. So it looks like they are starting to...
  14. The Wiper Room
    Lake Palestine Hybrids Have Moved Shallow For Spring "Spawn" Run by Steve Knight Tyler Courier-Times-Telegraph LAKE PALESTINE - There was no reason for Eric Pottkotter to cast the direction he did when he chunked his lure into the stained waters around Saline Creek on Lake Palestine for the...
  15. The Wiper Room
    Here in Kentucky, there is a new Urban Fishing Program, and three of the lakes are in or near Louisville. I love it, because up until recently there weren't any places nearby where I could run off to for an hour or two of fishing, and now I can sometimes go catch a limit of trout in that time...
  16. California - Lakes, Rivers, Bay and Delta
    City bringing in striped bass; hybrid fish to feed on carp 'fingerlings' in lake By: Jose Carvajal - Staff Writer for the Californian NC Times LAKE ELSINORE -- After trying with little success last year to remove from the lake tens of thousands of pounds of carp, a bottom-feeding fish blamed...
  17. The Wiper Room
    City bringing in striped bass; hybrid fish to feed on carp 'fingerlings' in lake By: Jose Carvajal - Staff Writer for the Californian NC Times LAKE ELSINORE -- After trying with little success last year to remove from the lake tens of thousands of pounds of carp, a bottom-feeding fish blamed...
  18. Iowa Hybrid stripers
    I have heard " If you catch a big wiper ...might as well keep it ,because it will die from the stress of being caught ! " After catching a 26" ...cpr and back in the lake. The fish swam away. But was told "That fish will be dead within the hour ! " This was on a hot summer day with water temps...
  19. The Wiper Room
    State stocks 7-mile stream with 175 striped bass hybrids Hybrids in the Middle of Oklahoma City
1-20 of 47 Results