Striped Bass Fishing Forums Forum banner

Discussions Showcase Albums Media Media Comments Tags Marketplace

1-9 of 9 Results
  1. Hudson River
    Anyone been out yet from Corning Preserve or around Albany? Looking to get out for first time in 2-3 days from now.
  2. Hudson River
    All who fish on the mighty Hudson...We need to gather the troops and wage war on this issue...We need to contact all the local media as well as national media..Twitter,Facebook and all other outlets to get this story out there. If you read corning preserve thread you are aware of Albanyres and...
  3. Hudson River
    Went down today to the Albany launch for a shakedown cruise on the boat. The rowing club has erected a whole new set of chain link fencing which blocks off about 15 vehicle/trailer parking spots, if not more. Basically they have taken over nearly the entire northern end of the parking lot. It...
  4. Hudson River
    I'm looking to jig some live herring and then fish for striper with the live herring, any help I can get is much appericated like where to get me some darn herring... I've been out on my boat 3 times with no luck at anything yet... this is my first boat, fished from shore the past two...
  5. Upper Hudson River Striper Club
    Figured this cold front would shut down the fish, but my brother and his friend, really wanted to go and I figured it beats mowing the lawn... so, we launched at 0600 out of Corning and ran north a little ways...Wind was crazy. Stopped to load up on herring...continued trying to load up on...
  6. Hudson River
    I have heard rumors that the Albany Corning Preserve boat launch is off limits this weekend due to the movie filming. Does anyone know if this is true????????
  7. Hudson River
    Fished from 0700-1500 in general area of Corning Preserve launch. Tons of boats due to Tourney...took first herring at 0730 or so...seems to be pretty reliable for them to hit around then...wind was bad and it was cold! Fished most of morning with no luck. Drifted south of Corning Preserve and...
  8. Hudson River
    Launched out of Corning at 0500 and began fishing for herring while fishing two frozen chunks on bottom. Had some small fish play with the baits and finally steal it. Pulled in first Herring at 0730 or so. After that, they really turned on and we caught plenty for bait. Used fresh Herring chunks...
  9. Hudson River
    Hit the water with some frozen herring for chunking and heart full of hope for some fresh herring to rig one live on the bottom and a fresh one to chop in half for chunking on bottom. Launched at 0800 or so and ran up to Poestenkill creek. Fished just outside the mouth of the creek for about 1...
1-9 of 9 Results