Striped Bass Fishing Forums Forum banner

Discussions Showcase Albums Media Media Comments Tags Marketplace

1-20 of 52 Results
  1. The Striper Forum
    Cape Cod bay is not the first place that comes to mind when you think of surfcasting, but as it turns out I was actually able to catch my PB striper. The fish is by no means a fish of a lifetime, but for me it certainly was pretty big. I'm going to leave a link to the video below, so feel...
  2. Surfcasting Central
    I'm going to Newport with my wife this weekend. I would like to fish early Sunday morning 4-5 a.m. any tips or advice. I'm thinking 2nd beach or the nature sanctuary.
  3. Shorebound - Surf Beginners
    Hi everyone, ***Warning - long post ahead*** I originally posted this in the surfcaster thread, but no one seemed interested in answering any questions, so I thought I'd post it, here. I apologize for the cross-posting. My name is Fred, and I'm based out of Staten Island, NY. I've been a...
  4. Shorebound - Surf Beginners
    Hey guys, just curious I see people fishing the surf all the time, but me personally I've never been. I've fished from the docks at a local marina for some Bluefish. But I don't think that's the same as surf fishing. I feel as if the 10'+ rods are what scares me and that crazy pendulum casting...
  5. Surfcasting Central
    Hey guys this is my first post on this board and im looking foward to sharing info with you aswell as learning new things let me start off by saying i love to fish i fish both fresh as well as salt now that im getting older i want to concentrate my fishing time on catching bass from a beach im...
  6. Surfcasting Central
    I would like to try some surfcasting for stripers (fishing in NJ/NY). Any suggestions for an affordable rod/reel combo? I typically fish for trout so do not want to drop a bunch of money on my first surfcasting rig. I heard good things about the Okuma Avenger ABF Graphite Bait Feeder Reel by...
  7. The Striper Forum
    Hi all, so despite this week being characterized by baitfish everywhere, I can't seem to do much catching. I have been freshwater fishing for a while now and recently began surfcasting despite having always lived in RI. I was hoping that somebody might be able to suggest few spots to try, as...
  8. Massachusetts
    I have gone out the past couple days before day break and have not seen much of anything. Do I need to look for a blitz or should I just keep casting and walking down the beach? Also, i have been using an SP minnow and Arkansas Shiner Sluggos on a jig head. Any tips would be much appreciated as...
  9. Connecticut
    Im planning on heading down to the watch hill area this week, has anyone been surfcasting over near there? i heard a lot of buzz using needlefish and some sluggo type lures, anyone have any input/any other suggestions? ill let you know what happens once i go.
  10. Surfcasting Central
    My father has been out fishing the past few nights. Couple bites, nothing really substantial yet. I haven't heard enough, had enough time, or felt like the temperatures are quite right yet. Anyone have any news on Seacoast NH, Maine Coast, or Northern Mass Surfcasting yet? David
  11. Surfcasting Central
    What are some good 2-piece, 9' or 10' surfcasting rods capable of throwing up to 8oz. lures & live bait?
  12. Surfcasting Central
    I live in Maine and one of my buddies is trying to convince my to make the trek south to chase stripers. I am dubious that they are still within surfcasting range in CT, RI, NY at this late point (Being from Maine the stripers are usually all gone by september/october). Would it be worth driving...
  13. Massachusetts
    I've been fishing for most of my 28 years but just gotten into surf casting the past few months. After going out about 7 or 8 times in the past few weeks, Im getting skunked everytime. I realize that I'm very green and have ALOT to learn. And this is a process that will take a lifetime. Ive been...
  14. Massachusetts
    I am wondering if anyone knows of a good place to fish from shore around the mouth of the Essex. Obviously I can go to cranes and walk the few miles down. I was wondering if there was an easier area to access. It looks like the western side of the mouth is solidly packed residential areas. I do...
  15. Surfcasting Central
    The last few years I have attempted to try and get my legs in shape to traverse the soft sand, the slimy rocks and the marches to distant spots all the while fending off mosquitos. For me each year it gets increasingly difficult. The stamina is almost gone. A few fish and im lying down on a...
  16. Massachusetts
    Has anyone had any luck lately around the Scituate area from shore for bass? I've been fishing a spot in Scituate for years and this year the spot has produced little to nothing. It's funny how you assume because a spot has produced in the past that it will continue to produce.
  17. Surfcasting Central
    Can anyone shed any light on how they fish eels from shore. I haven't put enough time in the surf with eels because I never have had great success, but I'm sure that if I put the time in that will change. The way I fish eels is casting them out as far as possible and reeling them in realllllly...
  18. Surfcasting Central
    Has anyone been doing any serious surfcasting on the South Shore this year?
  19. Rhode Island Fishing
    So i live in ct, and i usually go to r.i. a lot during the summer to fish for striper and whatever i can catch off shore. So i was wondering when the stripers are starting to arrive at shore. Id like to make a road trip down there soon.
  20. Saltwater Tackle Shop
    I do most my fishing from the beaches in Ct. I recently took a trip to Cabela's for some tackle and came across these Norman's Quick Change thingy's for easy lure changing. OK so I bought a few but my question is I have been useing a metal 24" leader with clasp so i could make the changes easy...
1-20 of 52 Results