Striped Bass Fishing Forums Forum banner

Discussions Showcase Albums Media Media Comments Tags Marketplace

1-20 of 161 Results
  1. The Striper Forum
    Hello, Where I can use cast net/gillnet to catch bunker in Boston Harbor? And where is the best place the catch striped buss? Thanks, Stanley
  2. Massachusetts
    I'm in Boston for the week, I can only fish at night, I'm actually in Burlington staying at the Marriott, where's the closest place I can access the ocean and actually have a chance of catching one? I drove out to Deer Island last night took me 45 minutes to get there from here the tide had just...
  3. Massachusetts
    Hi, all. New to the site. I was wondering if any of you fished the city proper? I have for the better part of this decade and have found that in the past couple years, the reliable haunts have begun to change... I did find some new spots, barely out of the city that really produced for me...
  4. New Member Introductions
    Hello everyone im David from Randolph Massachusetts, I have been fishing for 22 years and striper fishing for 4. I do alot of my fishing in the quincy/boston/marshfield/plymouth area and also have a fmaily house in cape cod, but i do mostly freshwater there. Well thats all for now, nice to...
  5. Massachusetts
    what are the names of docks that people fish in the north end/boston/lynn area that people fish with some success. Not looking for anyones "spot" just public access areas that a newcomer can go out and get some poles in the water and possibly run into some other striper fishers? Pier/beach...
  6. Massachusetts
    Hello all. I am a transplant from midamerica and looking to learn the techniques and spots of surfcasting for stripers and blues. I'm coming from a background of fishing for walleye/crappie/hybrids(wipers) so the whole surfcasting world is a new game for me. I know disclosure of spots isnt...
  7. Massachusetts
    Hey guys, stripers in Boston Harbor were unreal last night. Out for 1 1/2hrs last night caught 17, 3 of them keepers.
  8. Stripers on the Fly
    Re:fly fisherman needs help with boston harbor locations Hello to all, My name is Joe K. I've been fly fishing for about 18 years. Primarily salt. I've fished all over the Bahamas for bone's and have been throwing to stripers on the flats from Barnstable to Brewster for years. I live about 30...
  9. Massachusetts
    Guys! Just found this site. Very cool. I'm thinking about buying a boat to do some serious off-shore Striper fishing around Boston. Can anyone make a recommendation? My constraints: -the boat needs to fit in a standard car garage when trailered (length doesnt matter, just height) -would be...
  10. Massachusetts
    hi guys/gals.. any bass showing up in numbers yet??any shore catches yet?i plan on going down memorial day weekend.i was gonna do some surf/jetty fishing.is it to early for plugs for this area?or is bait the way to go..thanks
  11. Boating Beginners
    Hello I have access to nice fishing boat boston harbor. Looking to hire guide to show me around and do some fishing. I pay for all gas etc, also willing to pay hourly fee. Please respond if interested. Kevin
  12. Massachusetts
    i need to find a good spot i've started fishing for stripers for about a month and havent caught anything i only tried the neponset river by quincy any good areas will be apprciated
  13. Massachusetts
    im new to inshore fishing and desperatly need to help with fishing spots. the only one i really know of is castle island and want to try somewhere new. please help
  14. Massachusetts
    I've been fishing for most of my 28 years but just gotten into surf casting the past few months. After going out about 7 or 8 times in the past few weeks, Im getting skunked everytime. I realize that I'm very green and have ALOT to learn. And this is a process that will take a lifetime. Ive been...
  15. Massachusetts
    Just wondering if someone would be so kind and PM me where they have recently caught their live bait. I am heading out on Saturday AM early. I will return the favor. My boat's name is Know See Tow always on channel 69. I spent all day last Sunday looking for live bait at the normal spots with no...
  16. Massachusetts
    This is my first post so so please be patient. I grew up fishing NJ waters Shrewsbury rocks and the canyons and Atlantic Highlands. I moved up here about 8 yrs ago to go to NU and really got back into fishing 3 yrs ago. I have yet to land that striper that I have chased all over the North...
  17. Massachusetts
    Hello- I have access to a 17' center console triumph for the season located at Lewis wharf. I am interested in hiring someone who knows the harbor and islands and fishing spots like the back of their hand. I am a beginner at striper fishing looking to spend a day or two on the water with...
  18. Massachusetts
    Hello- I have access to a 17' center console triumph for the season located at Lewis wharf. I am interested in hiring someone who knows the harbor and islands and fishing spots like the back of their hand. I am a beginner at striper fishing looking to spend a day or two on the water with...
  19. The Striper Forum
    where do you guys get the line wet? working in the city for the rest of the summer, so was wondering if you could point a cape guy in the right direction for some success north of where he is used to!
1-20 of 161 Results