Striped Bass Fishing Forums Forum banner

Discussions Showcase Albums Media Media Comments Tags Marketplace

1-19 of 64 Results
  1. Maine
    I'll be back up in a couple weeks on vacation. How's the fishing?
  2. Maine
    Any news on whether stripers have made it up to the Penobscot this year? I an spending next week on Swan's Island. I'm planning to bring the kayak and see what I can find. Can I expect anything other than mackerel?
  3. Maine
    Anyone done any fishing lately? I am going to try to find some fish this weekend.
  4. Upper Hudson River Striper Club
    Went out for the first time last night from one of my shore spots down below the rip van winkle, scapping herring was pretty easy in the main river, and we went 2 for 3 on stripers. of course I forgot my camera but the first one was caught by my buddy 37"er 20 1/2lbs and the second one I caught...
  5. Upper Hudson River Striper Club
    :smiley17e:Just got back from HH Park they are putting the docks in place. The six poles are in place now. The workers said the docks should be in place by the end of the week.The river is free of floating debris, but it is very dark in color, looks like chocolate milk..It wont be long...
  6. California Aqueduct
    well whats happening out there guys? gonna try out my new side planers this week-end around 5 points any one else gonna be out?
  7. The Striper Forum
    Don't know if this has been posted here yet but I got a link to this article from my local B&T shop (Saco bay Tackle) and figured I'd share the good news. If you've already seen it or I have double posted, my apologies....for the rest of ya, ENJOY!!!! Number of young striped bass in Chesapeake...
  8. Striped Bass Fishery Conservation/Politics/News
    Thank you for your comment. In response to the current trends in the data on the striped bass population and fishery, I made a motion at this morning's Striped Bass Management Board meeting to initiate an addendum to Amendment 6. The motion passed. The addendum will propose management...
  9. Pennsylvania's Lakes, Rivers and Impoundments
    Pennsylvanias Delaware river has no salt water including the tidal stretch that is not considered saltwater. The entire length of the Delaware on the Pennsylvania side a freshwater license is needed. It has a 10 foot tidal range and has no appreciable brackish water species there either. Pa...
  10. Striped Bass Fishery Conservation/Politics/News
    By Ted Venker Conservation Director Coastal Conservation Association This week, the South Atlantic Fishery Management Council made the decision to eliminate catch share programs as a viable tool to manage fishermen in most fisheries in the South Atlantic. CCA supports this conclusion, made by...
  11. California - Lakes, Rivers, Bay and Delta
    anything good going on? i have some time off from dec 20-jan2nd thinking about going to the dam and fishing off the rocks around 2 or 3am but seeing most the reports of fish in millers...anyone fish the dam with success?
  12. Hudson River
    http://www.lohud.com/article/20100404/NEWS02/304040054/-Fisherman-s-dream--landed-on-Sleepy-Hollow-shore good to see decent fish being caught but this is over the top... read the article, i got a couple laughs. :banana:
  13. Striper Guides & Charters
    Hate to be the bearer of bad new but wanted to inform everybody that Ace Charters will not be chartering this season. :icon_sad: Our crew has become good friends with Capt Jim over the past 5 years or so, he will be missed out there this season. We hope to at least get him out fishing with us...
  14. North Carolina - Interior
    Just wanted to let everyone know about the 2nd Annual Rockfish Rodeo to benefit the Boys & Girls Club of Halifax County NC on April 24th in the "Rockfish Capitol of the World" Weldon NC. $2500 in prize money plus a chance to win a boat, motor & trailer. All info to include rules, registration...
  15. Colorado Hybrid stripers
    Final Edition http://www.rockymountainnews.com/drmn/recreation_columnists/article/0,1299,DRMN_85_4510129,00.html
  16. Hunting / Game
    Does Dauphin County Man Have Bigfoot Footage? http://www.whtm.com/news/stories/1109/676342.html
  17. New Hampshire
    Re: National Federal Registry / Saltwater License News Is there a plan for New Hampshire to have a state saltwater license, so that registry fees paid by anglers would go the state instead of to the federal government? A proposal for a saltwater license is currently under consideration in a...
  18. Hudson River
    One of our board members, crazyman1, has been comissioned by the River Basin to produce scap nets that will be sold at the shop! What's the big deal you ask? Well, as the proud owner of a four foot square net I can attest to the fact that these nets are FAR superior to the ones that the River...
  19. Upper Hudson River Striper Club
    This morning their was a 24 inch striper caught in the caskill creek . so it looks like we will be out fishing this weekend .. water temp is 48 degrees. thats what i figured:a_goodjob:
1-19 of 64 Results