Striped Bass Fishing Forums Forum banner

Discussions Showcase Albums Media Media Comments Tags Marketplace

1-17 of 17 Results
  1. Stripers 101 - The Beginners clinic.
    Hey while im not a stranger to fishing in general as i grew up doing plenty of freshwater fishing in Massachusetts and since moving back to long island when i was 12 (31 now) ive done plenty of crabing and charter boats from fluke& flounder to blues and strippers etc, but i never invested in...
  2. Stripers 101 - The Beginners clinic.
    Hey every one , I am new to fishing for Stipers and Fishing the Hudson River (Albany area) and am trying to find the right pole for the job. Sooooo I plan to fish...from shore.. w/ chunk and live herring.....1-3 oz weights ...25lb test mono ... fish finder rigs....w/ a spinning Bait-Runner reel...
  3. Hudson River
    So I've posted a few questions on here and everyone has been VERY helpful. However, I've been out five times without a single run. Obviously I'm fishing from shore but I've tried all kinds of chunk and live herring without anything substantial. I generally have two poles in the water, running a...
  4. New York
    I'm sure many of the experienced fisherman on this site will look at the title of this thread, shiver in fear and scroll right passed it in hopes that some other willing and helpful angler will offer their opinions. I hope to someday have that luxury although knowing how difficult it is to get...
  5. New Member Introductions
    hey peeps. nice site. born and raised in philly but moved to the burbs in 90. big bank fisher here. maybe one day i can find a motor for my boat to get it back in the water. anyway, look forward to some good fishing talk and plenty of fish stories. :flyfish:
  6. New Member Introductions
    Hi all my name is Bryan, iv'e been fishing for a while now but im looking to get more serious about it. I mostly go chunking for blues but im looking to get into surf casting for stripers. i have a penn 550ssg and im looking for a ok rod looking to spend around $100 8-9' looking at the star and...
  7. New Member Introductions
    Greetings to one and all! I'm (almost) completely new to striper fishing and saltwater fishing in general. My youth was spent obsessing over freshwater fishing, but I allowed silly things like university, career, family to get in the way and I haven't fished in years. Sad, but true. Anyway...
  8. California - Lakes, Rivers, Bay and Delta
    Hello all ... at the end of this month it will be my first time there. We are actually going camping taking all the kids, but I want to take my boys fishing again. They didnt catch anything the other time so they were very bored, plus a lot younger. We are camping over by the sites 96-138 or...
  9. Stripers 101 - The Beginners clinic.
    Hey guys,"Gals?". I recently moved to Lake Havasu AZ and have found an interest in Striper fishing. I have caught these before but as a kid and using an anchovy sitting on the bottom. I now have a boat, and have been checking out the multiple posts and treads on here. But I have a question, Do...
  10. New Member Introductions
    Hey guys, This is the first year I plan on fishing the Hudson and just recently picked up a 10' MH Tsunami Airwave. I haven't purchased a reel yet but was looking at the new Penn Battle reels.. One thing I'm not sure of is the size to get? I was thinking the 6000 as I plan to use 25lb mono...
  11. New Member Introductions
    HI.. brief intro... 40 living in New Hampshire.... Born and raised on Long Island.. New to Surf Fishing.... Looking fwd to landing my first striper this season. Looking for Fish partners. advice and good Stories.... Can offer x pert auto advice... and in particular restoration help..
  12. Alabama Stripers
    Hey Everyone - I am brand new to this site. I am from Birmingham, AL. Primarily learned to target largemouth bass in the last 2 years, but now interested in learning to target the landlocked striper in Lewis Smith Lake nearby. I have become more interested first of all in throwing big...
  13. New Member Introductions
    Just want to say Hi I got a email from a Prince from Nigeria said I could join ,If I would let him hide all of his money in my bank account I gave him all the info he needed ASAP because he promised me that he would give me 100,000,000 now it is safe to say that I'm a millionaire and you can...
  14. New Member Introductions
    Great looking site! I have been into groundfishing heavily the past few yesrs in New England and just got a boat big enough for the Hudson around albany. Looking to learn about striper fishing. Hairbone
  15. New Member Introductions
    Hello all. Im new to striper fishing and I hope to find good advice in this forum. I look forward to chatting with many of you and getting your advice to work. I love fishing and can get the stripers in the boat well if I spot the feeding birds or schooling baits, but otherwise I am limited...
  16. New Member Introductions
    Hello all, Currently in CA, moving to Elizabeth City, NC next summer. Any insight to fishing the Albemarle Sound will be appreciated. Looking forward to some good times out there.
  17. Stripers on the Fly
    Whats up guys, Im back after the winter lull, But now I just got a fly set up out of cabelas with my buddy and want to get into some fish with this thing, Ive never fly fished before. I know the best way to learn is to just do it, but ccan anyone give me any helpful tips for fly selection or...
1-17 of 17 Results