Striped Bass Fishing Forums Forum banner

Discussions Showcase Albums Media Media Comments Tags Marketplace

1-19 of 37 Results
  1. Maine
    Hi all, first post! I have been having a blast this summer catching stripers, mostly on Scarborough beaches, but also mostly schoolies. Someone told me the bigger stripers are lurking in the presumpscot this time of year (early in the season still I suppose). Anyone know if there is a public...
  2. Connecticut
    Has anyone used the launch by the public library in milford? How is it? Any any suggestions here to launch my 25ft center console in the milfor area???
  3. The Striper Forum
    Please be sure to submit your comments today and let the commissioners know that fisherman care about what happens to the bunker. Just because we have bunkers here in NJ doesnt mean things are OK for the rest of the coast! Every single comment counts...
  4. Massachusetts
    MarineFisheries Advisory October 11, 2011 NOTICE OF PUBLIC HEARINGS: HOOK AND LINE GEAR RESTRICTIONS IN THE STRIPED BASS FISHERY MANDATING CIRCLE HOOKS AND PROHIBITING "YO-YO" RIGS Under the provisions of M.G.L. Ch 30A and pursuant to the authority found in M.G.L. Ch. 130 ss. 17A & 80, the...
  5. New Jersey
    I understand that it was in the middle of the workday on a Monday - but there sure were enough fisherman's trucks parked at the street ends between Bayhead and Seaside. If half those guys had shown up to the meeting we could have made an impact. This is the biggest, most important fight we've...
  6. Georgia Stripers
    Proposed regulations are under consideration by the Board of Natural Resources. The Georgia Department of Natural Resources, Wildlife Resources Division will hold three public hearings to receive input on the following proposals: 1) proposed hunting regulations for the 2011-2012 and 2012-2013...
  7. The Gallows - Poachers Hall of Shame
    Candus Thomson Baltimore sun January 10, 2011 Maryland In striped bass poaching cases, public help needed Let's start with the technical part: A person is innocent until proven guilty. Now let's move to the obvious. With some people and their track records, that gets to be a tough stretch...
  8. Hudson River
    Passing along a reminder for those from the Troy Dam, south to Catskill, there is an informational public meeting on upcoming Herring Management Information. It was posted here previously. Upper Hudson valley 21 April, 2010, 7-10 pm Town of BethlehemTown Hall 445 Delaware Ave Delmar, NY
  9. The Striper Forum
    What is your opinion on the issue?
  10. New York
    Here's some stuff on the Public Trust Doctrine. I can't take credit for it, my friend originally posted it. I think anyone whos worried about losing fishing access owes it to themselves to do some research. Let me know if you guys have any questions. Comments and other areas you might have...
  11. New Jersey
    Here's some stuff on the Public Trust Doctrine. I can't take credit for it, my friend originally posted it. I think anyone whos worried about losing fishing access owes it to themselves to do some research. Let me know if you guys have any questions. Comments and other areas you might have...
  12. Hudson River
  13. The Gallows - Poachers Hall of Shame
    This thread was cleaved from a similar thread. Be mindful that this time they were caught. February 2009 North Carolina Gill Net Anglers run afoul of fishing Laws Since setting nets in these inland waters is illegal the netters usually use sink nets that leave no above water signs that the...
  14. New Jersey
    The New York State Dept. of Environmental Conservation will be hosting a Public Hearing for DRAFT AMENDMENT 2 to the Atlantic States Marine Fisheries Commission Fisheries Management Plan for American shad and river herring Two public hearings are scheduled for New York December 2, 2008 at 7:00...
  15. Striped Bass Fishery Conservation/Politics/News
    The closure of river herring fisheries in some Atlantic coastal states (Massachusetts, Rhode Island, Connecticut, Virginia and North Carolina) and observed declines in river herring abundance have led to questions about the adequacy of current management of the species to promote healthy fish...
  16. Striped Bass Fishery Conservation/Politics/News
    Public input sought on proposed fishing regulation changes Arizona Game and Fish Department 08/26/2008 How would you like a one-of-a-kind, catch-and-release fishery for feisty roundtail chub at Fossil Creek, which is one of the state's two travertine streams (Havasupai is the other)? Can you...
  17. Upper Hudson River Striper Club
    http://www.dec.ny.gov/lands/41728.html
  18. Hudson River
    Troy, Albany and Bethlehem Coeymans and Stuyvesant Stockport and Catskill Germantown and Redhook Kingston Esopus Poughkeepsie and Newburgh Cold Spring Stony Point Haverstraw Nyack Yonkers
  19. North Carolina - Interior
    Link all releasess found here Contact: Patricia Smith Phone: (252) 726-7021 PUBLIC HEARINGS SET ON PROPOSED FISHERIES RULES MOREHEAD CITY - The N.C. Marine Fisheries Commission will held two public hearings on proposed rules that will affect striped bass fishing and criteria for obtaining...
1-19 of 37 Results