Striped Bass Fishing Forums Forum banner

Discussions Showcase Albums Media Media Comments Tags Marketplace

1-20 of 48 Results
  1. Surfcasting Central
    Hey there surf guys/gals, I am from upstate and I am going to have the opportunity to get down and fish the south shore 2-3 times this year (around Jones Beach)...but I don't have a surf rig. Reading here tells me a 9ftM 1-3 will likely cover casting. I don't expect to be throwing bait at first...
  2. Hudson River
    I am an anchor fisherman,what would be the setup for drifting herring.TU
  3. Saltwater Tackle Shop
    Hi fellas! I am an angler with moderate success, have some seasons on me and had some nice fish. But never paid attention to the tackle really, I use different types of rods/reels. Ugly stick, Shakespeare and Okuma, nothing fancy but very affordable. BUT this 2017 season I would like to try...
  4. The Striper Forum
    I've had some requests to make this video. It's a quick walk around of how my kayak is rigged for Striper Fishing. If you have any questions or ideas you'd like to share let me know....Enjoy! Tight Lines!
  5. The Striper Forum
    What's up guys I have a quick question, I recently just picked up a 6'6 Shimano Trevala spinning rod for stripers out of my boat. Can I pair it with a Shimano Baitrunner 6000 or is that too small and I should just get the 8000? I would be using 30# braided line. Any input would be great, thanks!!
  6. Hudson River
    Hey guys! I'm planning on really dedicating myself to stripers this year. I fish from shore in the Kingston area. In the past I have only used a single 9 foot medium heavy pole with 20 lb test. I am planning on getting two more setups, but what I would really appreciate some advice on is what...
  7. Trolling for Stripers
    We'll be spending three days on Memorial Day weekend camping and chasing stripers at a local reservoir, trying new techniques in the hopes of weaning myself off of drifting cut bait, which seems to be successful, but oh so boring. I think I've got some pretty good deep diving Rebels, Rapalas...
  8. Sweetwater Fishing -Freshwater Stripers
    What's a good spinning rod/reel setup for trout and panfish? Thanks.
  9. Stripers 101 - The Beginners clinic.
    Hey guys, brand new to the site and I hope that you can answer a few questions of mine. You guys are like encyclopedias when it comes to this stuff, and this newbie could use some help. I recently acquired a Lamiglas Graphite Surf and Jetty 10ft Medium Heavy Spinning rod (model no. XS 101MHS)...
  10. Surfcasting Central
    Well I'll be honest. For the past few years I've used a Wal-Mart special Berkley Fusion combo for all my Striper fishing but have now decided to upgrade. It's served is purpose so far but I've become rather serious about Striper fishing. What I'm looking for is a good solid spinning reel and at...
  11. Kayaking Stripers
    Hello folks...recently put this video together to show a "Plug 'n Play" downrigger set-up for my Hobie PA14. Did not want to drill holes in the PA, but still wanted a stable foundation for 2 downriggers. Testing will begin shortly...will keep you updated with any revisions. Thanks for looking...
  12. Buy - Sell - Trade
    I have a G-Loomis GL3 Team Striper Rod with a Daiwa SeaLine Great Lakes 47LC Line counter Reel In excellent condition...$275 845-246-1645 Ask for Ed...I'm located in Saugerties, NY 12477
  13. Hudson River
    hello all! I fish from shore almost exclusively and have been using the fish finder rigs for bloods for years... recently I have been having some issues with tangles where the swivel meets the main line/leader/fishfinder with the leader twisted around the main line preventing the system to...
  14. Stripers 101 - The Beginners clinic.
    Good morning everyone. I am new to this site and this is my first post. I will be going out on a party boat (Hel-Cat out of Groton, CT) for stripers next week. I purchased a new rod and reel and was wondering how to correctly set up a diamond jig. Question: Do you use a swivel between the...
  15. Surfcasting Central
    I'm going to shinnecock inlet this week, I haven't decided on my setup. My two main questions are should i go conventional or spinning reel, and should i go artificial bait or live bait? Thanks for any help guys
  16. Stripers 101 - The Beginners clinic.
    Before I ask my question, figured I'd start out by saying I have no striper experience. I'm moving to Virginia early this summer so I'm interested in hitting up the Chesapeake to change that. I'm looking to get two rod/reels...one spinning and one conventional on a $400 budget. I was...
  17. Tackle Evaluation & Product review
    Ok i have been a dedicated NJ surf fisherman for years primarally plugging 4-5 nights a week 8 months a year for stripers. I have been using the same cheap set ups for 3 years now and its time to step it up. Looking for reviews and advice. I am looking to spend in the $400 range for rod reel...
  18. Saltwater Tackle Shop
    I want to get into it! Looking for sage advice from the experienced striped bass fisherman who know surf bait casting. Want to purchase a rod/reel set up that will last. I appreciate quality as well as value. Budget: under $500.00. Do I need to consider maintenance in the choice? WOuld a...
  19. Stripers 101 - The Beginners clinic.
    Hi all new to the site, just found it on the internet. After some reasearch adn talking to local bait shops I came up with this Rod / Reel combo that I just ordered off the internet. Shimano Baitrunner 6000D and Shimano Trevala TVS-66MH. Going to load it with Power Pro 30#. Did I get the right...
  20. Surfcasting Central
    currently using daiwa emcast plus 5000 on a 1202 heavy tsunami trophy surf rod with 40lb power pro - casting around 335ft max with a 3 way setup - 2ft 25lb mono w/4oz bank sinker - 1ft 25lb mono w/ 1/4oz jighead and 4in fluke - using it for tailrace stripes - thinking of going to a daiwa emblem...
1-20 of 48 Results