Striped Bass Fishing Forums Forum banner

Discussions Showcase Albums Media Media Comments Tags Marketplace

1-17 of 17 Results
  1. Saltwater Tackle Shop
    Hi fellas! I am an angler with moderate success, have some seasons on me and had some nice fish. But never paid attention to the tackle really, I use different types of rods/reels. Ugly stick, Shakespeare and Okuma, nothing fancy but very affordable. BUT this 2017 season I would like to try...
  2. Upper Hudson River Striper Club
    Well, I did it. No more kayak fishing for me, at least for a while. I purchased a used 17.5 ft aluminum boat with a 90 hp motor. I'm very excited to say the least. Rather than have to trailer launch every outing, I've decided to keep it on the water for at least part of the striper season...
  3. The Striper Forum
    I usually go with my brother in law on his boat but if I want to go myself for fluke,blues and sea bass was wondering if anyone has a preference for a certain boat and why. Used to fish a lot in southern nj on party boats but not belmar,really liking it up there. Thanks for any input.Lou
  4. Stripers 101 - The Beginners clinic.
    I have a pier I can use to cast a net from. I have never done this but it looks interesting. Could some one recommend a cast net to start off with. I think it would be a neat way to get some minnows up. Tight lines, J.R.
  5. The Striper Forum
    I have purchased a few Shimano Tekota 500lc and 2 Shimano Cardiff 400a. The Tekotas will be used for downling shad and used with smaller planer boards. Will do some jigging with these rods. The cardiffs will be used for casting 1/2 oz to 2oz lures. I am looking for good rods to pair these reels...
  6. The Striper Forum
    Hey what would be some recommended plugs to fish in fast current, and some what deep water (20-40ft). Im planning on fishing near the hellgate bridge and iv tried to chunk clams and bunker but they snag on the rocks. I havent seen any bait fish around but i have seen some people pull some decent...
  7. Kayaking Stripers
    Hello all, and good luck this year! I've been looking for a new yak fishing friendly vest. Last one I bought ended up being too bulky on long trips (so I tended not to wear it). Any Recommendations?
  8. Surfcasting Central
    hi, i want to throw 1-4 oz plugs, lures, poppers and spoons from break water structures, jetty and sometimes from the beach, so i need a spinning rod which can cover a long distance and have a strong backbone to fight with kings, queens and trevalys and have lighter in weight, i want to match...
  9. Stripers 101 - The Beginners clinic.
    My 13 yo son and I are looking for recommendations for rod and reel combos. We're planning on fishing the lower CT river and into the sound by boat for stripers. We'd be drifting, trolling and casting. What would be a good all around setup? Thanks
  10. Surfcasting Central
    Looking for some words of wisdom for a conventional setup. I have an 11' fast action, and I will use it for bait. Level wind, or no level wind? Mag or plain? Brand and modle reccommendations are greatly appreciated.
  11. Reels and Reel Maintenance
    I have a friend of mine who came in on the tail end of the season . He was using his father's Reel , don't know make of reel off the top of my head , his dad passed six years ago . Any way , the reel goes into anti reverse at the most inappropriate times and I think the gears are stripped inside...
  12. Massachusetts
    I'm new to fishing in the MA area, and wanted to do some surf fishing while visiting family staying on the beach in Salisbury this wknd. I'm familiar with surf fishing in NC and have the setups for it. What I'm not familiar with is what live bait I should be using in this area and what is...
  13. New Jersey
    Does anyone have any recommendations for a party boat in the nassau or captree area. i want to go out with some friends this weekend. Cant afford a charter but want to get out while the run is hot.
  14. Hudson River
    can anyone recoomend a good charter captain around the hoboken/nyc area - would prefer if the boat launched out of nj somewhere...and recommendations would be appreciated....
  15. Reels and Reel Maintenance
    i got 2 penn 8500ss that are in need of some service. i've had them for about 10 years now and never really maintained them all that well. they have withstood dunking, lots of slips and falls on the rocks, and the elements(left in my shed outside through numerous cold winters). what i want...
  16. Boat repair issues & Shop Maintenance
    Ok, so I finally get an approval from the spouse on a boat and I?m looking for all the advice I can get. Basically I?m asking what you would do if? 1.It was your first boat. 2.The boat needs to be trailered. 3.The max tow rating (boat, motor, fuel, gear, and trailer) is 5000lbs and tongue...
  17. New Jersey
    So what type of structure should I be looking for since I fish solely from shore? Is it important to be in/near deep water or is shallower water more productive? Also- rocky bottom or soft?
1-17 of 17 Results