Striped Bass Fishing Forums Forum banner

Discussions Showcase Albums Media Media Comments Tags Marketplace

1-20 of 22 Results
  1. Stripers 101 - The Beginners clinic.
    I am tying 20 lb braid to a 2 oz weight on one end and a 30 lb mono leader to the other end. I am having a problem tying the mono to the weight and jig head using a improved clinch knot. I do the following: 1. Thread end of line through eye of hook. Double back making 5 or more turns around...
  2. Plugs and Plug Building
    I've got a mess of Bucktail jigs to tie up, how many jigs can I get per Bucktail on average? I there a cheap source for them online? Thanks
  3. Stripers on the Fly
    Brad Buzzi of BuzFly.com with be hosting FREE fly tying demonstrations this Sunday, February 5 at the Fisherman's Conservation Association (FCA) National Headquarters. Brad is a well know commercial fly tyer and will have many of his fly tying products available. Brad is also the President...
  4. Hudson River
    wondered if anyone tied their own sabikis for herring. I was sitting at home yest and thought to myself why not? so this morning before work i quickly tied 5 flies and made a sabiki...wondered if anyone else has done this and if it worked for them. thanks
  5. Stripers on the Fly
    So you think America has talent? Now here's your chance to prove it. I've just received approval to do a feature article on twenty-five saltwater fly patterns (of any style, types of fishing) for the Winter Issue of Fly Tyer Magazine. What I'm looking for are individuals who feel their tying...
  6. Stripers on the Fly
    ……. Material substitutions that is. In short I am learning to tie flies still and I get 90% of my materials at JoAnn fabrics (or similar store) I know that "real" materials are not that expensive but, they are enough so that it makes my tie and learn style cost prohibitive. I...
  7. Plugs and Plug Building
    I am tying bucktails with lead heads for striper bass. Thread applying very tough. While and after tying I apply some Super Glue on the thread but anyway significant amount of hairs departing out. Any suggestions? Thanks
  8. Stripers on the Fly
    THE FLY TYING SYMPOSIUM ALL THINGS FLY TYING THE WORLD'S LARGEST SHOW FOR FLY TYING THE DATES ARE NOV. 21 & 22 http://www.internationalflytyingsymposium.com A Note From The Director Welcome to the 19th International Fly Tying Symposium. This year's theme is "Big Fish Flies." We all have a...
  9. Buy - Sell - Trade
    Hi folks, I'm very interested in getting into fly tying. Seems like a hobby I would enjoy, and save myself a few bucks on flys. Who knows maybe invent the next best stripper fly. Let me know of anything available. Thanks!!
  10. Buy - Sell - Trade
    I have for sale a few tools that I already have one or two of. I'm going to look through my stuff to what else I may have and not need. All of these are brand new, in package and never used. Prices listed are just what they sell for, prices are negotiable-make me an offer- PM me 1. Dr. Slick...
  11. Saltwater Tackle Shop
    Will a crazy alberto work?
  12. Surfcasting Central
    Hey guys, what's the preferred method of tying into lures? Do you use a snap swivel on your leader or tie right to the lure? Thanks Marc
  13. Stripers on the Fly
  14. Instructional Videos & Utilities
  15. The Striper Forum
    lost alot of pics due to dead battery but got a few anyway. tossed this in since nobody goes into the fly room anymore
  16. Stripers on the Fly
    1- Rich Murphy and i. he kindly autographed his book FLY FISHING FOR STRIPED BASS which has some of the most incredible pics of bass i have ever seen and was not expecting such a vast coverage of striped bass info. even if you don;t fly fish it is a must have. 2.me and Masahito Sato a great...
  17. Stripers on the Fly
    NOVEMBER 17TH AND 18TH AT THE DOUBLETREE HOTEL IN SMOERSET, NJ. 1:30 sunday - Jack Gartside "striper adventures, secrets and techniques - the do's and don'ts"
  18. Saltwater Tackle Shop
    The dropper loop is very usefull for tying hi low bottom rigs or when game fish are feeding selectively on small bait, attach a small teaser fly, or other lure ahead of a larger, heavier spoon, jig or plug. The system has several advantages. One, the small lure can precisely imitate the size and...
  19. Saltwater Tackle Shop
    Re: Knot Instruction. Important knot tying tips. Monofilament A critical factor in obtaining proper knot strength is to maintain tight and even pressure while tying the knot. Your finished knot coils should be tight and neat looking. If you have any overlays or funny looking coils, cut the line...
  20. Stripers on the Fly
    sunday nov 19th (happy birthday me_) sumerset fly tying show this weekend. will see simon gawesworth,ak best, enrico puglisi, and really wanna see dave skok's presentation. won;t be fishing but i was waiting for this show
1-20 of 22 Results