Striped Bass Fishing Forums Forum banner

Discussions Showcase Albums Media Media Comments Tags Marketplace

1-18 of 66 Results
  1. Buy - Sell - Trade
    SOLD striped bass rigs for sale Selling Striped Bass Rigs, top & bottom bait rigs. Total of 7 Rigs. Plus 9 Surf Teaser rigs. Asking 20.00 free ship for all. If you're interested your welcome to email me bass4everjim@yahoo.com or PM me here on this form. Thanks Jim NJ
  2. Buy - Sell - Trade
    sold....fluke rigs for sale Selling Fluke Rigs. Total of 22 Rigs & fluke hooks 2/0 and 4/0. Asking 20.00 free ship. If you're interested your welcome to email me bass4everjim@yahoo.com or PM me here on this form. Thanks Jim NJ
  3. The Striper Forum
    Hi All, Bought a nice umbrella rig and want to start trolling it this weekend. My reels have 80lb mono on them and my question is, do I need a trolling sinker to get them down? They seem fairly heavy and wonder if anyone's got any advice on doing this. I trolled some deep diving lures just on...
  4. Buy - Sell - Trade
    sold...mullet surf rigs for sale Selling all 27 mullet rigs together. They are made of cork for them to float off the bottom. I have different colors in this lot of 27 . And they all have different color buck tail feathers coming out of the cork (Not one rig is the same). They all come...
  5. Freshwater Tackle Box
    Live bait hook Bait holder
  6. Hudson River
    What are these? Tom at RB has mentioned then a few years running on his blog. Is it just a particular color, size, beads?
  7. Delaware River
    I was wondering what kind of rigs everyone uses for stripers in the river. I've been using a simple 3 way swivel rig and it seems to work ok, I was thinking about trying some fish finder rigs this year. anyone have any thoughts on this subject?
  8. Upper Hudson River Striper Club
    Got the itch bad and also somewhat bored at work so figured start a thread about ur setups: Daiwa Regal bite'n'run size 40 on a 6'6" sturdy stik (shakespeare but surprisingly decent) with some 20# big game and 25# fluoro leader. Switch between circles and J hooks, both gammys Daiwa Accudepth...
  9. Hudson River
    I need some help with how to use a fish finder rig on the Hudson. I fish up by Albany and Troy. I have done a ton of research on here so I have a good idea of how it works but who would know better than you guys up here catching all the fish. Currently I am set up like this. Hook, 3-4 inch...
  10. Buy - Sell - Trade
    This item is a Umbrella style Rig that has 3, 4 or 5 wires. This bait comes with high quality swivels. The total length of the bait with the hardware and longest wire is about 10". The wire is made of stainless steel and is .030" in diameter. I have heavier wire rigs if that is what you are...
  11. The Striper Forum
    Has anyone use those Eagle Claw Snelled Striper rigs with luck? I know a lot of people make their own rigs, but I want to know if people have used those pre tied ones for Stripers. Thanks
  12. The Striper Forum
    An important boat technique that has taught me a lot about bucktailing in general. This goes along with chapter 10 in my new book "Fishing the Bucktail". striper bucktailing with 3-way rigs
  13. Massachusetts
    MarineFisheries Advisory October 11, 2011 NOTICE OF PUBLIC HEARINGS: HOOK AND LINE GEAR RESTRICTIONS IN THE STRIPED BASS FISHERY MANDATING CIRCLE HOOKS AND PROHIBITING "YO-YO" RIGS Under the provisions of M.G.L. Ch 30A and pursuant to the authority found in M.G.L. Ch. 130 ss. 17A & 80, the...
  14. The Striper Forum
    Is using sabaki rigs to catch herring for bait legal??
  15. Upper Hudson River Striper Club
    I used these 2 years ago and they out performed any other sabiki I ever used. I searched all last year for them and now Cabelas has a value pack... 5 for $8.49...
  16. Stripers 101 - The Beginners clinic.
    This must sound like such a beginners question, but how does one figure out what size to buy the different components of a setup? I read up on here, wrote a list of different stuff to buy, hooks, swivel barrels, etc, went to Dicks' and was overwhelmed with the stuff that everything comes in...
  17. Sweetwater Fishing -Freshwater Stripers
    I have spent a little more time exploring Stripes in the middle Tn area, Cordell Hull primarily because of the low boat traffic. Up to now just dragging some various hard baits and buck tails and an occasional spoon of sorts. I have some luck when a school is wacking baitfish on the surface but...
1-18 of 66 Results