Striped Bass Fishing Forums Forum banner

Discussions Showcase Albums Media Media Comments Tags Marketplace

1-18 of 18 Results
  1. The Striper Forum
    Red Tuna Shirt Club is proud to announce our January shirt - Low Country Fishing Charters from Myrtle Beach, SC! This one-of-a-kind shirt has been sent to all Red Tuna members - let us know how you like it. If you haven't joined yet, do so this week and we will send you this authentic Low...
  2. The Striper Forum
    I took advantage of the extreme low tide this AM here in Ct. where I live. This gave me the opportunity to see some channels and bars I don't normally see in regular low tide conditions. I was amazed to see how some areas were laid out. I have a different view of some of these areas now. One...
  3. Hudson River
    When have you had better luck? Im heading out regardless, but am just curious. Thanks,
  4. Boaters Forum
    Hi Guys, I'll make a long story short. I need some advice. I bought a jet boat last year, then got into fishing. Realized two things, boat was to expensive to keep up with, and I definitely had the wrong boat for the sound. I sold it and took the loss. I just miss being out there to much. I was...
  5. Striper Guides & Charters
    Had My a.m. charter Reschedule for the p.m. on this coming Saturday June 5th. Looking to fill the 6am-2 pm trip at a super low price. 385.00 for up to 5 anglers plus tip for mate. call my cell if you want it or email me asap...no deposit and weather looks good! 610.462.5688 Capt. Carl...
  6. The Striper Forum
    Hi all I am new to the forum. Have a question about low tide. Over the past few years I have fished <the local> bridge at night. I do most of my bass fishing at night like I said and at the end of the in coming tide and the tide change over. Well this week I want to try the out going tide on...
  7. Rods And Custom Rod Building
    I have read that the low riders were designed for long rods. I have also read that you want 47" from the reel to the stripper guide. So my question is would it make any sense to build a 9' rod with low riders? This will be my first build so any other suggestions will be appreciated. thanks
  8. Shorebound - Surf Beginners
    I have done a search and I am trying to find out how to make your own high/low rig. 1) attach a swivel to the main line 2) tie two doppler loops in the leader 3) attach the proper wieght to the end of the leader 4) How do you tie the hook to the loops? I saw that you can snell it put do you...
  9. Cape Cod Canal
    I was skunked big time. First every ten or so casts what ever I had tied on would fly right off. Not knot separation, the line would break. 25# braid and it would snap like dental floss. After donating several slugo's, 6" minnows, and several eels, I gave up and switched to a hi lo rig with sand...
  10. Surfcasting Central
    Half of the stripers I've caught were at low tide,anyone here doing any low tide fishing-any tips from the Pros.
  11. Hudson River
    Witch tide do you like to fish/catch striper on??
  12. Shorebound - Surf Beginners
    A buddy of mine said he fishes in the little estuaries of Maine in the summer. He says he waits for low tide, and that way the fish get squeezed into the smaller pokets of the river. It makes sense to me: less water means fewer places for bait and striper to go. Does anybody fish like this...
  13. Saltwater Tackle Shop
    The dropper loop is very usefull for tying hi low bottom rigs or when game fish are feeding selectively on small bait, attach a small teaser fly, or other lure ahead of a larger, heavier spoon, jig or plug. The system has several advantages. One, the small lure can precisely imitate the size and...
  14. Massachusetts
    Just looking for some advice. I will be going out of weymouth port heading into boston harbor area. I have been catching a lot of dogfish around minot light and am gonna try the quincy-boston harbor area. Any ideas would be great seeing that it will be dead low tide and I will be fishing til...
  15. Hudson River
    Chime in with your theories. I read that some believe that the commercial netters are taking a huge toll. Others believe that it's the bad weather we've had the past few years.Personally I feel that it's just cyclic. There were large numbers of smaller fish caught this year which to me indicated...
  16. Saltwater Tackle Shop
    Hi People, I was wondering if you could recommend a low memory mono. I will replace the line on my reel to test my new Tsunami trophy this weekend at the Cape Cop canal. Obviously, price is a concern too but not so much if spending a bit more is going to make a big difference in casting...
  17. Carolina Coast - Hatteras - OBX
    I am new to coastal striper fishing. Most of my fishing has been at Norman or Buggs. I have heard of the southern migration, however I still don't know how far south they travel. I have heard they will round the cape (lookout) but only stay a for a short time. Morehead is an easy inlet to get...
    low
  18. The Striper Forum
    So i have been doing a lot of reading and people always mention the high tide as a great time for fishing and I always fish the in and out 90 minutes plus on either side and do well. Does the low tide yield results as well? = to or far less then, or not at all?
1-18 of 18 Results