Striped Bass Fishing Site Map | Contact Us | Fishing Log Software | Fishing Online | Advertise
to UPLOAD: please register or login

Go Back   Stripers247.com Forums > Sweetwater Stripers > Interior States and Landlocked Striper Forums > Missouri Stripers
Forgot Password? Register Now!!

Old 07-09-2005, 09:09 AM
Administrator
Pro Staff

Default Striper fishing in Missouri?

I see that Missouri is listed for this forum. I grew up in Missouri and my folks still live there. Does anyone know which lakes in MO might offer some striper fishing? After catching his first striper here in MA with me last weekend, my dad is wondering if there are any spots closer to home where he might find some.
Old 07-09-2005, 01:32 PM
I am motherf*ucker

Hi Jake. The mighty mississippi has hybrids and stripers. Missouri Dnr link
According to Missouri Dnr parts of the Missouri and Mississsippi rivers near St. Louis have both hybrids and pure breds and near Kansas City in Blue springs and Harmony Mission Lakes.
Also in Norfork Lake near the Ozark Mountains.
Perry County Lake in the southeast had 2,300 hybrid striped bass fingerlings stocked in 2004.
Check out this Link for Dnr info. Fishing prospects for Missouri
Perhaps some Missourian will spot your post and give you some first hand knowledge but I wouldnt expect much from them misguided Royal fans or even worse yet Cardinal fans. Or was that a Ram?
(**edit) Thomas Hill and Truman as well.
Old 07-09-2005, 03:37 PM
Administrator
Pro Staff

Cool thanks Jim!!
I used to live about 10 miles from Blue Springs Lake and fished there a lot. Never saw any stripers taken from there. Tough lake to really fish because of all the skiers and pleasure boaters, from early until late into the evening. I'll pass the info along to my dad. I think we're going to be fishing Truman Lake together around Labor Day if things go according to plan.
Old 02-17-2006, 01:18 AM
Reports and Info Dude
Got a Little Captain in you?

Missouri
■ NORFORK: 47 degrees, clear, 14 feet low. Outlook : Bink?s Guide Service reports: black bass good on plastic grubs, jigging spoons in 45 to 50 feet of water along bluff banks; crappies good on minnows, white grubs in 28 feet of water in the brush; stripers fair to good on Bink?s Spoons in 60 to 70 feet of water.
■ TANEYCOMO: 45 degrees, clear, little power generation. Outlook : Fall Creek Marina reports: trout good on brown and black Micro Jigs, Power Bait below Fall Creek and on black jigs, midge flies in the Trophy Area.
■ JAMES A. REED: 40 degrees, clear, 8 inches low. Outlook: Missouri Department of Conservation reports: trout good on Power Bait, Power Eggs, corn, jigs at Coot and Plover lakes; crappies good on jigs along the deep-water banks on Nell and Gopher lakes.
■ TRUMAN: 40 degrees, clear, normal. Outlook : Rocky Top Bait and Tackle reports: catfish good on jug lines with shad in deep water along dropoffs. Below the dam: white bass, walleyes fair on jigs.
■ STOCKTON: 42 degrees, clear, low. Outlook: Mutton Creek Marina reports: black bass good on stickbaits, crankbaits in 10 to 15 feet of water along rocky banks; crappies poor to fair (a few are being caught on minnows in 8 to 12 feet of water).
■ POMME DE TERRE: 41 degrees, clear, 1 foot low. Outlook: Nemo Landing reports: crappies fair to good on jigs in 30 feet of water; black bass poor to fair (a few are being caught on crankbaits).
■ BULL SHOALS: 42 degrees, clear, 9 feet low. Outlook: Buck Creek Marina reports: black bass fair to good on crankbaits in 3 to 10 feet of water along chunk-rock banks down lake of the marina and on stickbaits off windy points up lake of the marina; crappies fair on jigs, small jigging spoons in 20 to 25 feet of water in the brush; stripers fair on creek minnows in 30 to 35 feet of water on the main lake.
■ LAKE OF THE OZARKS: 44 degrees, clear, low. Outlook: Gier?s Bass Pro reports: crappies fair on jigs, minnows 12 feet down in 20 to 30 feet of water in the brush; black bass fair on jerkbaits, jigs off secondary points.
■ JACOMO: 40 degrees, clear, normal. Outlook: Jacomo Marina reports: crappies fair to on jigs off the marina docks, bluegills fair on wax worms off the marina docks.
■ SMITHVILLE: 40 degrees, clear, slightly low. Outlook: Burton?s Bait and Tackle reports: crappies fair on jigs off the docks.
■ TABLE ROCK: 45 degrees, clear, 12 feet low Outlook: Indian Point Marina reports: all species poor.
■ LONGVIEW: 42 degrees, 40-inch clarity, 1 1/2 feet low. Outlook: Longview Lake Marina reports: all species poor.
■ BLUE SPRINGS: 42 degrees, clear, normal. Outlook: Blue Springs Lake Marina reports: all species poor.
Old 03-02-2010, 12:17 PM
I am motherf*ucker

Default Re: Striper fishing in Missouri?

http://www.stripers247.com/Missouri-striper-fishing.php
Old 10-23-2010, 07:31 PM
Official Member

Jake I have lived in Missouri and striper fished Missouri for nearly fifteen years and the Best striper fishing will be in the southern part of the state in the lakes that are shared with arkansas They have been stocking stripers for a long time where missouri has just recently started. Lake of the Ozarks, Truman and Thomas hill reservoir all have good populations of wipers but for true stripers with good populations and great potential for hogs try Norfork, Bullshoals, and Beaver. Spring runs after very heavy rains bring large stripers in large quantities to the upper reaches of those lakes into Missouri. Fall runs like we are starting to have now are peaked by high water created mother natures rain (Norfork) or by consistent generation from dam (Bullshoals). Both are slow now but have potential to be fantastic; if we get rain or once it gets cool enough for people to use their heaters(increased generation). Tell your dad to keep an eye out for heavy spring rains towards mid to late feb and if we get them head to tecumseh, udhall, or redbank on norfork or from swan creek to the dam on bullshoals do not forget the walleye rod. He can contact me at ozarkstripers.com if he has any questions or if he needs any instructing on how we do it. I dont know it all but what i do know im happy to share. Jeff
Old 10-27-2010, 10:55 AM
Administrator
Pro Staff

Thanks for the info! My dad is now in the advanced stages of Parkinson's Disease and can't fish anymore, but hopefully someone else can use it