Striped Bass Fishing Site Map | Contact Us | Fishing Log Software | Fishing Online | Advertise
to UPLOAD: please register or login

Go Back   Stripers247.com Forums > East Coast Regional Forums > New Jersey
Forgot Password? Register Now!!

New Jersey Regional discussion, news and reports for striped bass fishing in New Jersey

Old 05-01-2012, 12:57 PM
Official Member

Default Bayonne Striper Fishing

Hello Guys, I am newbie to the site and I must say there is much useful information here for the fisherman. My question dictates like in my title about Bayonne, NJ fishing. I have been working now for a year down at the Military Ocean Terminal right off the end of the pier down here and would like to try my hand at some striper action. Anyone ever fish this area? If anyone could pass me some great information I can invite you down here to fish along the deep water and many bulkheads it has to offer since you need access. I'm not greedy just looking for some tricks and techniques fishing this strong current out front here overlooking Robbins Reef and the Verranzano. Would bucktails and live eels work here? Fishfinders or egg sinkers? What about a pencil popper? The water looks good but I have been tied up with work and now I have the nights off and planning on fishing around the entire shipyard. Thanks a bunch guys.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-01-2012, 10:36 PM
cityfisherman

Default Re: Bayonne Striper Fishing

bunker is king there heads chunks or liveline right now theres blues and bass on the moveing tides i have fished there nice fish
Old 05-02-2012, 10:01 AM
Official Member

Nice to see a local post. Seems the hudson river threads all refer to the upstate NY area. I think i know where your talking about if there is a small park around here. I usually fish there and best thing is bait mainly bunker with fish finder rig and 4-6 once weight. I try lures now and then as im just really getting into using them so i would also try lures, thats if its not alot of people. Port Authority purchased the land and put signs up not to fish some areas and these are some of the best spots. I might head out there this week myself.
Old 05-02-2012, 11:22 AM
cityfisherman

a lot of guys onced fished there but its truned into such a pia now at times u can get a rise out of a bass on lures i have done it but with the lures u have hunt around and they dont want fishing there so if u can get in u could be a happy fisherman good luck
Old 05-03-2012, 08:22 AM
Official Member

Yes, Port Authority placed those No Trespassing signs on the road going down to the cruise ship terminal last year after some slobs left trash and took a dump in the parking lot of the Port Authority building. Those spots produce fish but I am past this area. I work inside the shipyard and you need your TWIK card and authorization to enter the facility. I run the security at the shipyard so numerous vehicles are turned away because I have towed vehicles in the past down there. The Teardrop Memorial Monument I do not fish since there limited space but inside the shipyard I have access everywhere and the swimming of live eels and paddletails along the piers and bulkheads are superb. Got a 41" bass last night on the outgoing tide just when dusk started, 7 inch gold glitter paddletail.
Old 05-03-2012, 03:46 PM
cityfisherman

way to go on the cow and there should be more to come
Old 05-03-2012, 07:00 PM
cityfisherman

i told guys all the stuff they do down there would mess it up but some just dont care so u just go to another spot i will be trying my luck from the end of bayonne up in the back i rasied a few good fish
Old 05-18-2012, 12:30 PM
cityfisherman

how has the fishing bin down there its slow just up from there and that sucks
Old 05-19-2012, 01:08 AM
cityfisherman

two nice bass one from last week and my buddys fish from tonight
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Picture 114.jpg
Views:	64
Size:	60.2 KB
ID:	16049   Click image for larger version

Name:	Picture 115.jpg
Views:	78
Size:	54.3 KB
ID:	16050  
Old 03-09-2013, 09:49 PM
Official Member

By any chance are you still working in Bayonne? I have been visiting your area on the large construction gas pipeline a few days a week since July and was wondering if there was a place to fish. I do have a twic card and would love to be able to give the spring striper run a try. I am new to the striper game and need to get some time on the water.
Old 03-10-2013, 12:57 PM
Striper Hunter

I'll help revive this old post.......I used to fish MOT mile long ammo pier as a kid with my dad, caught many many jumbo blues and stripers for years. I remember we used to be able to drive to very end of the pier back in the day and sit in our cars while the lines were in the water for those cool mornings and night fishing, over the years the end of the pier weakend and you were only allowed to the half way point then eventually they closed the whole pier. ahhhh the memories !!!!!
Old 03-10-2013, 07:23 PM
Official Member

When I was a kid my mother had me pick out a few lures for my Uncle's birthday. He took me to that amo pier. I remember fishing next to the Statue of Liberty and him catching a monster blue fish on one of the plugs I picked out. He thought that plug was the best birthday present he evr got.
Old 03-15-2013, 01:55 AM
cityfisherman

well as of this week i can say the bass are there i saw short bass to 23 in and a few just short of keeper size all on worms so all we need is good weather
Old 04-12-2013, 02:42 PM
cityfisherman

well there are some keeper bass i got the pic my buddy sent me on a side note some bunker are rummerd to be around so get out and fish
Attached Images

Old 04-22-2013, 11:53 AM
Official Member

Bass13 are you on the spectra job?
Any of you guys fish the inlets by the staples complex on 440 or liberty state park?