Striped Bass Fishing Site Map | Contact Us | Fishing Log Software | Fishing Online | Advertise
to UPLOAD: please register or login

Go Back   Stripers247.com Forums > Sweetwater Stripers > Interior States and Landlocked Striper Forums > California - Lakes, Rivers, Bay and Delta > California Aqueduct
Forgot Password? Register Now!!

Old 05-28-2010, 01:00 AM
looken for the big one

Default Aqueduct at Coalinga?

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
Old 05-28-2010, 01:26 AM
looken for the big one

Default Re: California Aqueduct Information

alrite im new to this striper 247 deal and have no idea how to post on here but has aniyone fished the aqueduct .rite off the i5 near a lil town called coalinga? last time i went to the aqueduct the gates were completely open .which was not good i tried to keep my bait down there with even a 1 pound square weight with no sucess. is anione familiar with this area.
Old 06-07-2010, 06:06 PM
Official Member

Default Re: Aqueduct at Coalinga?

Yeah, I live in the area. I have fished the gates quite a bit with no luck. I have thrown mostly RattleTraps and cut up anchovies.

However, in different, smaller portions we have been pulling out a lot -- and I mean a lot -- of largemouth bass. This weekend, between about 4 or 5 of us we bagged (well.. we released them) 15. One was a 4.7lb.

For striper, I would guess that that area is really overfished. Everytime I pass the gates on ca-145 on a mild day... there are small crowds of people. However, I have a friend who had some luck on worms early in the mornings. You'll pull up some cats, but that shouldn't be a problem, eh?

Good luck.
Old 09-05-2010, 01:16 AM
Official Member

yes, im very familiar with the area, since i live in lemoore. me and my dad have always fished the aquaduct at the train tracks that lead to huron. that should be real close to where ur at. u go to the 198 bridge, and turn south along the duct, on the eastern bank. go down about 1-2 miles, and youll reach the pumphouse/ gates. ive only caught catfish outta there (really big cats), but ive only fished for catfish. ive been bitten by the striper bug and i wanna catch one.
Old 09-05-2010, 09:18 PM
Official Member

I live in Lemoore also and have fished out there a couple of times with no luck. That current is strong as heck. I have been out there with 6oz weights and I can watch my bait get pushed back to the top.