Striped Bass Fishing Site Map | Contact Us | Fishing Log Software | Fishing Online | Advertise
to UPLOAD: please register or login

Go Back   Stripers247.com Forums > Sweetwater Stripers > Interior States and Landlocked Striper Forums > California - Lakes, Rivers, Bay and Delta
Forgot Password? Register Now!!

Old 11-03-2008, 08:34 PM
Fishing in Modesto Area

Default Fishing is hot at two rivers in Manteca

Cant fish in the Stanislaus river as it closed Saturday BUT you can fish the mouth where it joins the san joaquin river. Last week 10 keepers caught and released with one being in the mid 20lb range. I snapped a photo of her before I released her. Beautiful fish that ate me alive. Caught her in the rainstorm. They seam to be coming up the river with the increased flows that were provided to bring the salmon up. Fishing at TWO Rivers RV park where I launch down to sturgeon bend. I will figure out how to post a photo soon and let you know more details soon. I am heading out tonight in the rain for a couple hours. Cya Stikman ken
Old 11-22-2008, 06:23 PM
Fishing in Modesto Area

Default Re: Fishing is hot at two rivers in Manteca

Update: The water levels have dropped alot. The fishing remains to be very very good. I can't believe how good. I can remember going weeks without catching a keeper and this morning I caught and released 5 of them. Some of the fish have a blue-ish tint to their scales. Its quite brilliant and these fish fight like mad dogs. I dont know if they are fresh fish moving up or what but I tell you they are fiesty. Soaking live minnows super jumbo around sturgeon bend. Drift with current keeping minnow just off the bottom. I will estimate I have caught and released 20-25 keepers over last 2 weeks. I fish everyday so thats not alot of fish but I am usually only on the water a couple hours a day. Stik
Old 12-03-2008, 02:40 PM
Striper Hunter

That's a good spot for this time of year! I fished up river form Mossdale last night and did very well... Had two limitts to the boat in about an hour 9 to 22 lbs

Stingem!
Old 12-04-2008, 12:51 AM
Fishing in Modesto Area

Thats how it has been the last 3 weeks. I didnt have time to post much. I caught a female 42" weighed exactly 20lbs last friday and 2 7lb schoolies. Were you fishing at the train tressle or further up? I would like to come down river further but foot bridge at airport wont let boats pass i dont think. I dont like putting in at mossdale because I have small boat and others could care a less if they swamp you. Stik
Old 12-04-2008, 02:06 PM
Striper Hunter

I actually been fishing down river towards Haven Acres...
Old 12-31-2008, 05:17 PM
Official Member

That's soo nice to hear. I live in Tracy and just thought the stripers haven't gotten acclimated to the current temps. How cold was the water? Are you drfting live minnows? Been waitting to hear this thank you.