Striped Bass Fishing Site Map | Contact Us | Fishing Log Software | Fishing Online | Advertise
to UPLOAD: please register or login

Go Back   Stripers247.com Forums > Striper Information & Services > Striped Bass Fishery Conservation / Politics / Management / News > Saltwater Licence Registry links /Regulations / Laws
Forgot Password? Register Now!!

Saltwater Licence Registry links /Regulations / Laws State game thief and Poacher hotlines / U.S. State Trailering Laws / Registration & Guidelines / Regulations / DNRs / Wildlife fish and game / and other govermental agencies / Park service Pass / Fees / News , fishing bills, conservation, regulations pertaining to the striped bass

Closed Thread

Old 07-27-2008, 08:49 PM
Official Member

Default fine for taking under size strip bass or fine for taking above limit

what exactly is the fine for taking an undersize strip bass or more than your limit in the state of new york long island i was told any thing from 250 to 5000
Old 07-27-2008, 09:58 PM
I am motherf*ucker

Default Re: fine for taking under size strip bass or fine for taking above limit

I believe its a criminal offense desk ticket. At least in NYC it is. Up to the judge's discretion. I was told by a fisherman who's Asian freinds said the fine is $100 per fish in Kings county. But Thats Brooklyn.
The Dec can also confiscate the offenders gear.
Old 07-28-2008, 06:10 PM
Administrator
Pro Staff

Default Re: fine for taking under size strip bass or fine for taking above limit

Quote:
Originally Posted by striperjim View Post
I believe its a criminal offense desk ticket. At least in NYC it is. Up to the judge's discretion. I was told by a fisherman who's Asian freinds said the fine is $100 per fish in Kings county. But Thats Brooklyn.
The Dec can also confiscate the offenders gear.
Offenders should also be shackled to a post and and thereafter repeatedly punched in the jaw by more upstanding citizens and sportsmen. I think a minimum of 10 punches per fish would be sufficient,, 15 if the guy throwing the punches is puny.
Old 07-28-2008, 08:11 PM
Veteran Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by baitrunner View Post
Offenders should also be shackled to a post and and thereafter repeatedly punched in the jaw by more upstanding citizens and sportsmen. I think a minimum of 10 punches per fish would be sufficient,, 15 if the guy throwing the punches is puny.
And then hardly poked in the A## with the fish. Maybe then a 27 incher would be released the next time. OUCH
Old 07-29-2008, 06:33 PM
Veteran Elite

I think someone needs a hug
Old 07-29-2008, 06:40 PM
Veteran Elite

Baitrunner is actually pretty sharp. Sharp enough to call DEP if he saw you keeping another small fish. Welcome to the site.
Old 07-29-2008, 07:14 PM
(formerly brian21johansen)

The fine for taking an undersized fish is I kick them in the nuts
Old 07-29-2008, 07:28 PM
I am motherf*ucker

The question is legit - we cant assume someones taking shorties because he asks a question about the fine.
There's no need to trade barbs - and get off on the wrong foot.
Welcome to the site Dl.
Old 07-29-2008, 07:30 PM
I had a BLAST!

Location: I'm from Manhattan, live in Ct, & my heart is in SOCO

My friend, learn about the regulations, and you won't need to worry about what the fines are. Just know your business.
I have never thought about a fine and I've been doing this for many years.
Old 07-31-2008, 09:49 PM
Official Member

jimmy z i do not know why you think iam worryed because iam not. as far as learning the regulations that is the exact reason iam asking these questions i hate to burst your bubble put i to have been doing this for many years
Old 07-31-2008, 09:59 PM
Official Member

striper jim thank you for trying to answer my question with out telling me about someone being kicked in nuts or or sticking something up someones a## or punched in the jaw
Old 07-31-2008, 09:59 PM
I am motherf*ucker

Dl did you come here to stir up trouble? Just asking. Its not always clear about what a new guys intentions are. Usually the agenda is to try to gain the respect from the old salts not crack wise with them.
That kind of question will elicit responses like that because we hate poachers. We are all conservation minded. Not saying we dont keep bass but taking short fish in the striped bass communities - the punishment is worse than any fine could be.
Of course I wasn't assuming that you are a poacher. I'm sure you were asking just so you know the regs.
Old 07-31-2008, 10:19 PM
Official Member

i did not come here to stir up trouble but only ask a question and seek an answer. many of the regulations make no sense as you know for example the size limit for fluke between ny ct and nj . everyone that fishes has seen people taking what appears to be undersize fish at one time or another
Old 07-31-2008, 10:48 PM
Veteran Elite

I called you a poacher just to bust your balls about the comment you made. I don't know you but I'm sure your not a poacher. If you have searched this site before posting you would have realized there are alot of good people here included 1 that you called out. Everyone is here to help each other out. And they are also here to joke, vent and express their own opinions. There is also a section to introduce yourself before posting. Stick around relax and join the fun.
Old 07-31-2008, 11:23 PM
Official Member

i donot get it .striper jim says i should not crack wise with the old salts but you said its ok to joke around i could care less about getting the respect of some old salt and its ok to break my balls and iam very relaxed is this to serious of a question to answer with out getting all emotional
Closed Thread