Striped Bass Fishing Forums Forum banner

Surf Bags

Tags
surf
8K views 6 replies 7 participants last post by  Pat Battle-ship 
#1 ·
What are some of the favorite surf bags you guys use? I use two and I'm looking for something in-between.
One is "The Ultimate Surf Bag"-www.thesurfcaster.com -and yes, it holds a lot of gear- especially when you put dividers in the larger tubes and double up on Bombers and needles. Add bucktails, tins, spare spool, sluggos, rubba swim shads.... gets too heavy to carry on my shoulder for any length of time. Nice bag though.
I also have a six tube Canyon. This is an o.k. bag as it has a small Plano type plastic box on the outside pocket for tins and bucktails, but it has two problems- no extra spool pocket and the bottoms of the square tubes are "snap in" caps that tend to fall out after walking long distances and the plugs foul in the bottom of the bag. This is no small cause for panic in the middle of the night when you can hear fish bustin' around you and you can't get the damn plug out of the bag.
The few belt bags I've seen were'nt tall/wide enough to hold plugs bigger than a Bomber, and I won't go out without a spare spool.
So- what are you guys using?

#4 ·
I prefer the Aquaskinz large bag for situations where I know I'm going to be underwater (Montauk and Jetty tips) The large velcro closure keeps everything from falling out when you get knocked down.

Also the (unfortunately discontinued) Plano surf bag. Great for hauling a lot of stuff and if you remove the slide out plug dividers, leaving the hard plastic walls, it makes a great bag for carrying bait fishing gear.

Smile Product Luggage and bags Musical instrument accessory Bag

Hood Blue Bumper Automotive exterior Rectangle

#7 ·
I also use the A/S small tall when going lite. For times I want to load up for a vary of methods or on the yak, I do like the Aquaskinz line just liked this bag better the Percision Pak Ocean Shiled 2, 3 rows of 5 square tubes each row comes out easily and can fit a plano box or a tupper ware container of eels or freshly shucked and salted clams. Heavy duty material, and tubes.
No not to walk for more for just the back of the truck and a place to store and pack the smaller bags from the Aquaskinz Ultimate Cargo Bag thumbsup.gif

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.