Striped Bass Fishing Forums Forum banner

Couple of good videos on scapping...

12K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  gunner1 
#1 ·
Well I figured that every year new people come to this website and one of the top questions is "how do I catch herring?" Of course there's using a sabiki rig from a boat or scapping from shore. ALOT of people, even seasoned stripermen will ask "what is scapping?" Well, I saw these videos on Youtube last year and thought I'd repost them here. The first one shows how to make the frame for a scap net. The second actually shows the scap net in use.

If anyone has any further questions, feel free to ask.

#2 ·
Good post Gun :icon_thumright:

I have never used a scap net but have seen it done. Having 2 guys (one manning the net and one just luring them in with rod) seems to makes it easier.

That's my tip anyway.

Scapping and dip detting does takes patience and pratice for newbies !! :frustrated:

Every year i have to shake the cob webs the 1st few times out myself.

BB

#3 ·
Good post Gun :icon_thumright:

I have never used a scap net but have seen it done. Having 2 guys (one manning the net and one just luring them in with rod) seems to makes it easier.

That's my tip anyway.

Scapping and dip detting does takes patience and pratice for newbies !! :frustrated:

Every year i have to shake the cob webs the 1st few times out myself.

BB
You're right- two people IS easier. However, it's hard sometimes when you're the "net guy" and the "stoolie guy" stops his retrieve too soon, or when you're the stoolie guy and the net guy lifts too soon! Grrr! Sometimes, it's just easier to do it by myself. Besides, I already have plenty of practice with having an awkwardly long pole between my legs. HeeHee!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.