Striped Bass Fishing Forums Forum banner

night fishing

Tags
fishing night
4K views 9 replies 7 participants last post by  FishOn73 
#1 ·
Anyone do overnight fishing ?? If so any Times better than others

#2 ·
Calm warm nights are a Lot more comfortable just to be out there, i know that. As for fish activity i can't really say, But would like to see some input as well ?

Moon phases, Tides etc at night ?

Thanks

#4 ·
When I lived in Martha's Vineyard, we use to go at night after work and hammer them, I dont think there was a night we got skunked, one night we each caught 18 (two of us fishing) and we never had a boat...as for the Hudson, a buddy of mine goes at night in his boat and they do well

#6 ·
Night time produces some good fish. Personally I fish it the same way as I do daytime. Keep in mind where the tides at, water temp and depth your fishing. A little harder to hear your drag or see your pole but ive found the answer haha. Have an extra set of berkley glow sticks just for night. If you do alot of night outtings I strongly reccomend using them. Ive had buddys fishing across the river from me call and ask what the big blue lights were ie. my poles hahaha for 39.99 you cant go wrong:icon_thumright:

#7 ·
I used to use glow sticks as well but switched over a couple years ago 'cause those things get expensive when you're buying them 2-3 times a week even @ $3 a pack. I use those mini keychain flashlights at Cabela's, they cost me $5 and last almost the entire season. I rip the keychain part off and place a small, pinkish/clear bead on the lens (I'll explain). Take a small, red balloon (red really stands out at night, white would work as well etc. . .) and cut the bottom off, say a 1/2" or so. Wrap the balloon around the flashlight securing the bead in place and use a little electrical tape to keep the balloon in place. The flashlight turns on an off by twisting the top, so when you wrap the electrical tape to secure it to your rod, make sure ya only go 3/4 of the way up starting from the bottom so that the top portions till spins freely. The bead creates a protusion where the light shines and allows you to see it both from far distances AND from an angle. I know this sounds like work and probably pretty strange, but works like a charm if you fish primarily at night (like I do) and are accustomed to changing out a glow stick every night (like I used to do). Give it a whirl, I haven't had an issu with it in the 2+ seasons I've been doing it this way, and I probably save $30-$40 in glow sticks over the course of a season.

#9 ·
Oh, sorry man....I guess I misunderstood. Carry on then, that sounds like an awesome idea I guess I'm not familiar with. I tend to come up with these cukoo, off-the-wall ideas from time to time and feel the need to ramble on about them. LOL. Well, if anyone else is looking for a much cheaper alternative to glow sticks, I highly reccomend the mini keychain flashlight. . . . . . .

#10 ·
Thats deff a good idea tho! These poles are made up of the plastic that they make the stars for the ceiling of kids bedrooms. They have three lights inside the pole and after the lights are lit up for a bit you shut the light off and the poles glow for a couple hrs. Ive got three and on a full charge in the back of my truck I dont even have to turn a light on to read something they glow so bright. Deff a must have for night fishing!

Chris

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.